Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

RITM celebrates three years with Ripken signing giveaway! Congratulations metalmike!

You folks have been so supportive of the quest to inform & educate since even before the site went live. I wanted to be sure to share this here first. Feel free to ask any questions leading up to the contest going live. Good luck!

Ripkenintheminors.com will celebrate its third anniversary on October 19, 2009. As part of the anniversary celebration, RITM will give one site visitor the opportunity to get small flat signed at the Cal Ripken, Jr., December signing through Ironclad Authentics! Full details, disclaimers and the link to the contest entry form will be available at ripkenintheminors.com on Saturday, September 19. Entries will be accepted until October 12 or until 1,000 entries have been received. You have to visit the site to have the opportunity to win! RITM thanks those who have made contributions to the site as well as everyone who has visited over the past three years! Good luck!

Comments

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I have been to the site before and enjoy it, but do you have to sign the guestbook to be eligible for the contest? Thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>I have been to the site before and enjoy it, but do you have to sign the guestbook to be eligible for the contest? Thanks! >>

I have built a contest page that is not live yet. The contest page will have a form where a person can enter their name, e-mail and mailing address. When they click "submit" it will e-mail me their entry. No other strings or obligations attached.
  • Options
    I enjoy the site too - brings back memories.

cheers
  • Options
    Congrats on three years and very cool give away.
    Mike
  • Options
    Thanks for the well wishes and the comments on the site. There's still quite a bit to accomplish but it has really come a long way thanks to the generosity of others.
  • Options
    Will Bill be there? If so, can Cal slide it over to Bill? imageimage

Congrats on the 3 year mark ! You've done a good job.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on the three years! I'll be throwing my hat into the ring for sure. Thanks!
  • Options

<< <i>Will Bill be there? If so, can Cal slide it over to Bill? imageimage

Congrats on the 3 year mark ! You've done a good job. >>

Thank you so much and kudos on your success as well. I do not know that Bill is on the mail order schedule. If your name is drawn, though, I will call and beg to get Bill to sign something.
  • Options

<< <i>Congrats on the three years! I'll be throwing my hat into the ring for sure. Thanks! >>

Thanks and you are more than welcome! I'll try to keep everyone posted on the number of entries so folks will know their odds. The hosting group gives me 1,000 form submissions per month. Not sure what to expect in regards to the total number of people that will enter.
  • Options

<< <i>

Thank you so much and kudos on your success as well. I do not know that Bill is on the mail order schedule. If your name is drawn, though, I will call and beg to get Bill to sign something. >>

lol. Just messing around. I can see it though. 'Here is my mail order $ for the Cal signing. Could you accept my payment but have Bill sign instead?"

I actually FINALLY wrote Bill a letter and have my fingers crossed I get a reply and ultimately would love to have a short Q/A for the site. We'll see....
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on three years. I would like to say something about your site. Many people have passion for every minut aspect of their collection and also have websites. They chronicle every detail, variation etc you could imagine. While I admire the passion they posses, very little of it is interesting to anyone outside the most hardcore collector. Your website manages to collect all the facts and info and still be interesting to even the most casual Cal Ripken fan such as myself. Kudos!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Thank you so much and kudos on your success as well. I do not know that Bill is on the mail order schedule. If your name is drawn, though, I will call and beg to get Bill to sign something. >>

lol. Just messing around. I can see it though. 'Here is my mail order $ for the Cal signing. Could you accept my payment but have Bill sign instead?"

I actually FINALLY wrote Bill a letter and have my fingers crossed I get a reply and ultimately would love to have a short Q/A for the site. We'll see.... >>

That would be fantastic if Bill agreed to do a Q & A. Although I did not directly correspond with Cal, the fact that he would even answer one question to post on my site still thrills me. Hopefully he comes through!
  • Options
    Change in plans. Contest is live. You can find the link at RITM
  • Options
    Last call, folks! You have until tomorrow night to get entered!

Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    The deadline to enter has come. I plan to let my daughter draw teh winning entrant later this afternoon. Good luck to everyone. I will say that the number of entrants was surprisingly low. With that being said, everyone who entered has a decent chance. I believe we ended up with 42 entries overall.
  • Options
    *fingers crossed* image
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    hard for me to believe there have only been 42 entries..........

come on boys!
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I couldn't come up with any more aliasesimage
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options

<< <i>hard for me to believe there have only been 42 entries..........

come on boys! >>

Obviously that number astonished me. Keep in mind the original contest info said the deadline date or 1,000 entries, whichever came first. FWIW the contest info was posted here, FCB and on my site. Not enough love for the Cal.
  • Options
    KK Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭
    Hopefully mine went through on the website. I don't think it did, but won't lose sleep over it either way.
  • Options
    Check your inbox/junk mail folders! The winner has 24 hours to claim the prize!
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    mike here. I win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options

<< <i>mike here. I win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

Congratulations Mike!
  • Options
    Congrats Mike! Thanks for the contest Chris!
  • Options
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    RITM

was it you that recently had some "spots" available for a private signing?

if so, I might be interested in that if that should happen again in the future.

Thanks for the chance in your contest!
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>RITM

was it you that recently had some "spots" available for a private signing?

if so, I might be interested in that if that should happen again in the future.

Thanks for the chance in your contest! >>

Goose,

I was one the one who did the work on the Private Signing with Ripken. Perhaps after the new year, I'll do it again and will let everyone know when I do.

Thanks in the interest
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    please PM me if the private signing ever exists.
  • Options
    Ripkenintheminors.com Thank you- welcome generosity .
  • Options
  • Options
    imageimageimage