Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

ONE OF THE MPL "Biggies" graded at PCGS >

This coin is "SOLD" but I want the MPL cent fans to see one of the biggies in the PCGS series. This 1916 is the only one PCGS has graded that has acheived the coveted "67" grade. The coin resides in an "old green label holder" POP 1/0.

Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

Comments

• Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,603 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats to the new "Hold"er. That is one yummy matte, Brian.
  • Options
    labloverlablover Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's one beautiful MPL!!!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

It's a green label holder been in there 15+ years!
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    Where's the jaw dropping icon thingy? image
  • Options
    Why tease Brian? Nice coin
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember seeing that coin in person not too long ago.image It's has nice pop and is a hair's breath from being called Red by PCGS. I say "called Red" because it has been said by some experts that 1916's just don't come in true pristine red like most collectors think of a red Lincoln. MPL's from 1916 and 1912 are the "early S Mints" of the proof genre. Probably one of those coins where PCGS would go 66Red or 67RB, but not 67Red. It's a coin that NGC would call a 67Red without hesitation. I've seen the exact type toning on 3 other PCGS 1916's, but not on other dates. Two were designated Red and the other two Red-Brown. I can't explain it, but that's my observation. I think Stewart's 1916 in 65Red has the best color that I have seen on a 1916, but did not quite have the pop that this 67RB does, when looked at side by side in hand.
    Doug
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    image Amazing!!!
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This coin is a monster. The image is not even close to its real beauty!
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    Brian:
    Absolutely beautiful coin. Currently own a 1916 RD and previously owned a 16 RB, so I understand the comments from Doug and think they are remarkable observations. Concratulations to you on the sale and to the purchaser of an outstang MPL.
    Jonathan