Home Autographs Forum
Options

Autograph collectors

MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the favorite piece in my collection.

A neat piece of television memorabilia from 1986. This is the script from the original pilot episode of the hit TV series, LA LAW by Steven Bochco and Terry Louise Fisher. In the pilot, Michael Kuzak defends an unsavory client; divorce lawyer, Arnold Becker offers to "look over" a woman's divorce settlement; and Douglas Brackman Jr. challenges Ann Kelsey on her handling of a case. The script was autographed by the cast using pens of various colors. A total of 15 autographs including:

Amanda Donohoe (Cara Jean (C.J.) Lamb)

Susan Dey (Grace Van Owen)

Richard Dysart (Leland McKenzie)

Alan Rachins (Douglas Brackman, Jr.)

Susan Ruttan (Roxanne Melman)

Jill Eikenberry (Ann Kelsey)

Harry Hamlin (Michael Kuzak)

Cecil Hoffmann (Zoey Clemmons)

Michele Green (Abby Perkins)

Jimmy Smits (Victor Sifuentes)

Blair Underwood (Jonathan Rollins)

John Spencer (Tommy Mullaney)

Larry Drake (Benny Stulwicz)

Corbin Bernsen (Arnie Becker)

Michael Tucker (Stuart Markowitz)

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

• Options
    PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great piece. Gotta love all of the different styles and inks.
  • Options
    I wish more people would post here!
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Ok, answered solved image

Now, if only I'd stay image
  • Options
    STONE,
    Post your favorite autograph!
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,789 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be no surprise to anyone at CU, but I collect autographed Steelers memorabilia. I especially like autographed photos and jerseys. My jersey collection includes autographed jerseys of Franco Harris, Jack Lambert, Mean Joe Greene, John Stallworth, Terry Bradshaw, Hines Ward, James Harrison, Heath Miller, Lamarr Woodley, and James Farrior.

My prized possession is a football signed in 1977 by every member of the Steelers team.

I will post some photos when I get a chance.
  • Options
    RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭
    I too will post some photos later as long as no one objects to sports memorabilia.
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,127 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great idea Michael!

Aaron Sorkin wrote and directed a little show back in 1998 called, "SportsNight" It lasted two seasons before getting the boot from ABC.

I collect all things SportsNight and have many of the original scripts, signed, such as Michael's LA LAW script. I'll get photos of some of it up and posted soon.

Back in the 80's his was my favorite show too and although it is dated today, offers enjoyment whenever I catch an eps. in re-runs.

On a side note, Sorkin also did a show a few years ago called, "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" that was also very well written but only lasted a single year!

TRIVIA: Can you name his biggest movie hit and also his biggest TV hit (not listed above, of course)?

peacockcoins

• Options
    KentuckyJKentuckyJ Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭

I collect autographed White House Easter eggs. My collection includes a few politicos (Michael Deaver, Donald Regan, + ) and entertainment stars (Shirley Temple Black, Kenny Rogers, + ). Sports heroes are often available but it's not unusual for the seller to not know exactly who the person who autographed the egg is/was. Most of these signed wooden eggs date from the Reagan/Bush 41/Clinton years. More recent White House Easter events seem to have gotten away from offering special autographed finds to kids.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    LA Law, neat!

I don't collect autographs but I do have a few letters from Phil Spector, hand written to me.

They are not for sale or publication.
  • Options
    Ted 1Ted 1 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭

@mrearlygold said:
    LA Law, neat!

I don't collect autographs but I do have a few letters from Phil Spector, hand written to me.

They are not for sale or publication.

Was he a collector as well? Did you correspond before or during his prison term?

Curious, big fan of the music.

Rare Nationals &
    Lowball Sacagawea Dollars (PO01-VF35)

--- SUCCESSFUL BST TRANSACTIONS ---
    braddick, Omegaraptor, JWP, EagleScout2017, OAKSTAR, Twobitcollector, boxerdad, OKCC, Fancycashcom, JimW, MWallace, Tookybandit, TeacherCollector, jeffas1974, mainejoe, kansasman, Cent1225, SurfinxHI, Soldi, Histman, CurrenSee, jclovescoins, Outhaul, Timbuk3, LEMONHEAD_PENNY, daverickey, Maxcrusha, RedSeals
  • Options

Wow! 13 years between comments! Must be a record!