Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Coinfest TRAVEL TIP - Hotel Room Special

Just had a chat with our Hilton Hotel....

wow, huge room sales... last year we sold out so this year I ordered an extra 100 rooms at the $99 special

Normal rate is $189... Here is the deal... there are only 82 rooms left... so if you want a great room and take advantage of some of the special Coinfest activities that only Room Guest will be offered... you may call or do it online...

Please make sure to mention "Coinfest Room Block" when making your reservation to receive the specially Coinfest room rate of only $99

Reservations can be made by calling

1-800-HILTONS OR 1-800-445-8667

Hotel Link
Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Comments

• Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭
    I see that Coinfest is in CT and is held Oct 8-11. For those of us who apparently slept during class, what times is it open and, more importantly, is it worth the time , travel $$ and trouble for those of us who do not collect US Coins? Thanks from a Mountain Time Zone-r.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say yes... for those who are not familiar, Coinfest is a 150 dealer collector show.... meaning we really try to make it a more positive experience for collectors... there are a number of good world dealers plus plenty of interesting things to see and do.... the show is easy to get to and the Hilton where the hotel is held has just been renovated... its only 45 minutes by train to NY city so many people make an interesting weekend of visiting both the show and the big apple....

We picked this CT border town of NY because it offers the best of many factors.... much lower cost than being in NY city, the hotel is just a long block away from a major train station and its real close to the highway.... if you are anywhere from Boston to Baltimore you can be at the show in just a few hours.... if you want to fly in from many locations, you have the choice of 6 airports ... we say White Plains Westchester is the closest about 20 minutes away.... if anyone has any questions, feel free to pm me

Also unlike other shows... we encourage vest dealers and collectors to come and do business at the show.... the show is also good for kids with some nice YN programs etc...

Hope to see you there... Sun first 100 groups each receive a US Mint Medal of our favorite cowboy John Wayne... created about 20 years ago this is a $25 retail value... and its FREE.... just like the rest of the show!!!!
    Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the quick response. Don't think I can make it this year since I have a reeeallly big exam two weeks later, but 2010 is a possibility.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.