Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1972 Topps Baseball - Frank Bakka

Now that Frank has exceeded 90% (great job Frank), what kind of perks does he get? Does he get reduced grading and does his set now stay forever more on the registry?

Just wondering, so when I hit 90%, sometime in 2008, I'll have some idea.

Thanks,

Dale
1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Basic - Retired
1st Finest Set - 1981 Baseball Fleer Master - Retired
1st Finest Set - 1955 Baseball Golden Stamps - Cleveland Indians - Retired
1st Finest Set - Mel Harder Baseball Master - Active
Mel Harder Showcase Set - Active
#15 on Current Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired
#23 on All Time Set Registry - 1972 Topps Baseball - Retired

Comments

• Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Dale,

You have no idea of how scary it is to jump onto the set registry board and see your name listed in the title line???

And just for the record - for 90% you get a bag of rocks...image Lets save the accolades for the folks that really deserve it. A ninety four percent home run means it bounced off the top of the fence. Plus, I'm betting that EJ jumps up into the mid-90's over the next few weeks as well.

I figure that its the 100% mark where the payoff really comes. I've noticed that Sky, JW and Carlos have all changed their addresses to more tropical locations since hitting that magical mark.
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Frank,

You get 5 free 1972 Topps Baseball gradings for hitting 90%. Just submit 5 cards from your 72 set and write 90% Set registry special-5 free gradings. on your invoice and pay for shipping. It is that simple and better then a bag of rocks.

Carlos

PS Myself and the (2) 67 guys will be relaxing on the beach here in Aruba waiting for our new 100% club member. When you arrive we'll present you with your well deserved "HOLOGRAM MEMBERSHIP CARD"
  • Options
    Frank,

I'm sorry to inform you that I just submitted the remaining 600 or so cards to complete my set. I'll get them back in a few weeks and will then be the first to complete the set!

Just kidding. An early April fools joke. image
    Please visit my eBay auctions at gemint
  • Options
    Congratulations Frank...

Send in the 5 free as soon as possible.

I waited until I was over 98% and need all 5 for my set. They were sent in with two other submissions
    (paid submissions). I've had the 40 other cards back for over 2 weeks ( 6 days in and out).

PSA... finally posted the submission as received a week (+ 2 emails) later. All three were in the same box!

I just wonder where they sat for a week. Also when will they find 5 minuets for a grader to do the 5.

Carlos. how long did it take for your 5 free to return?

John............jml517-ebay

----------------------------------------------------

I need 6 cards for 100%
    1961 topps #'s 110, 112, 119, 133, 154, 355 in psa 7 or 8
    actually in any grade, but prefer 8's....

Big finders fee----my house, wife, kids, truck, boat, dog, 3 cats or a couple of mx'ers suzuki 250's.
    on second thought I'll keep my wife, she makes more money than I do.

John,

I submitted my 5 free grading twice...The first time (1974 Topps Baseball) it took about 3 weeks. The second time (1976-77 Topps Basketball it took about 6 weeks to get the cards back even tough the grades were post in about two weeks. The second time I send my free gradings in with paid submissions and they waited until all the cards were graded before sending them back to me. Overall a pretty good turn around time for free gradings.

Carlos
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Carlos, Dale, John,

Thanks for the info on the 5 free submissions. Had it not been for Dale's post - I would not have known... I need to pay more attention to these things... Thanks a bunch and I'll get them out this weekend!
    Frank B - 72 addict!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!