Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Check out my new trueviews just back from PCGS

I just wanted to brag about some nice additions to my showcase the photos came out great. If you have some nice trueviews feel free to post.

My first Matte Proof 1909 PR65RD - Thanks Ambro51

The Red monster PR67RB

This one i'm going to sell I think MS64RB

Another one I may end up selling PR68

Teal Colored toner PR67RB

Comments

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That nickel looks like it was put under a black light. All of them look great, but I think the nickel is my favorite.image
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    Very nice! image
    Earlycoin

My E-Bay Stuff
  • Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Super Group! image

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the nickel is my favorite

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was that nickel recently graded?
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options

<< <i>Was that nickel recently graded? >>

No i've had the nickel for two years or so
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    WOW! That nickle is out of this world. It would go great, though look out of place, in my proof set. image
    And that red monster, ouch, it hurts the eyes its so colorful.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, those '61 sure did tone up nicely, and in great quantities. Something I think that you and I are both noticing image
  • Options
    I really like the teal Lincoln!!

Millertime
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow!! I need my freakin sunglasses!! Awesome coins!
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being a prior owner of the 09 mattie......I am of the opinion that these tru views are anything but. Having studied and photographed that coin in many different lights, angles and light sources..........never ONCE seen it look like THAT. Of course, give me a little while in photoshop and I can tweak the contrasts and color balance so it DOES look like that.

But at least you can finally see the bloody rims.

• Options
    I must say there is an advantage to taking photos of raw coins - trueview has that advantage. I'm now taking photos of a trueviewed coin but I can't crack the coin out of the slab.

I also am taking photos of a proof double dime. I can't capture color & contrast & reflectivity of fields all in one photo. So I took several. That is an advantage I have over Trueview. So they choose to highlight the colors which might only be viewed in one specific angle under very specific lighting conditions. I assume they assume that is what the customer wants. I bet they are right in most cases.

This is a very colorful set of coins! I'm liking the uber red Lincoln! Oh, I mean the '61 Lincoln. image I had loads of Proof Jeffs that were as wild as the one here. They are now classic in one sense and I wish I had kept 3 (1 each of the major color classes).
  • Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    I am the prior owner of the 1961 Red Monster. I got it in a $8 proof set at a shop in RI. I was happy it did not return in a BB. Sold it from my laptop in an airport about 2 months ago. Happy it has a home where someone enjoys it!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    How do you get the TrueView option when submitting coins? I don't see a box to check on the submission form.
    Also, how much does it cost per coin?
    Thanks
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check Box next to OTHER under second column of Service Level.

Write in "TRUE VIEW"

$20 per coin in the ADDITIONAL SERVICES FEE.

Done!
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    Great Coins!
    Love the trueview pics!

So are any for sale?