Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

OT: Suggestions for BST thread title prefixes

Since we're at the dawn of a new era and can now post our own individual threds, I think it would help everyone if we use standard prefixes for thread titles. That way people can tell at a glance what the thread contains without having to open the thread.

Certainly not mandatory, but a courtesy to readers. image

FSH: - For Sale Here

FSHO: - For Sale Here Only (not being offered elsewhere, e.g., eBay, Coinzip, Coinwants, your own web site)

WTB: - Want to Buy

WTT: - Want to Trade

WTTF: - Want to Trade For

eBay: - For auction/sale on eBay

OT: - Off Topic (for threads like this one image )

*SOLD* - Once an item(s) is gone so that people know the thread is defunct.

Any others you can think of?

EDIT: Added *SOLD* to the list.

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not about the title but should we have a gentleperson's agreement that each member will have only one FSH and one WTB at a time. You can always edit the existing tread to add items. What do you think?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    I would say that would be the usual "way to do business"... HOWEVER, we all know that sometimes we get that one item we want to move and show to everyone. As long as we don't have someone with 10000 posts... Of course we aren't as big as the lightside so we shouldn't have much of a problem..
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Sounds good. Though on the one thread thing, I think common sense would allow for a fresh thread once the old one gets saturated with bumps and finally sinks a few pages back - so, yeah, one per month or so.

Perhaps we should get SM1 to post an announcement of the change in the old BST, for any curious lightsiders or others who may not have noticed yet. I'll shoot him a PM.

And we should take pride - we've already outperformed the Stamp BST in half a day image
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Rather than hard and fast limits on frequency or number of threads, I would think that common sense and reason dictate, perhaps something akin to what the Lightside BST uses:

1. One active buy and sell thread at a time (active being first or second page).

2. Bumps no more frequent than once a day.

Exceptions made depending on:

1. How saturated an existing thread gets, or

2. If an item sells.

The latter being since we cannot delete threads, a person shouldn't be held hostage by the fact that their item(s) sold.

I think that as long as we operate in an adult manner, there is some flexibility. Just keep in mind that if someone abuses things, they may ruin it for everyone...
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Not about the title but should we have a gentleperson's agreement that each member will have only one FSH and one WTB at a time. You can always edit the existing tread to add items. What do you think? >>

Sounds like a winning idea to me.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com