Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

THIS is a SSP & giveaway! (ebay lots this week)

OK, now that we have our own domain I'll convert my ongoing giveaway into one more like we used to.

Same rules, all entries over there still count, but now I'll make explicit the offer - one chance to win for a reply, two if you bid on an item (let me know who you are if you do).

Main prize:

Second place winnings and other goodies tbd.

Lots of nice bits going low on ebay, ending Sunday.

FREE SHIPPING FOR FORUM MEMBERS!

Some highlights:

NETHERLANDS, HOLLAND 1 duit, 1739 - Red BU - these usually go cheaper than you'd imagine, don't be afraid to bid!

SAN MARINO 5 centesimi, 1938-R - Gem BU, awesome purple/magenta colors - this'll probably go for half of what it would if slabbed, a stunning coin even if it doesn't fit any core collection!

CHILE 1 centavo, 1919 - toned BU - another stunner, really don't want to let this one go!

BELGIAN CONGO 1 franc, 1949 - UNC - The very cool elephant design

FRANCE - Napoleon le Petit satirical jeton (1c size), 1871 - BN UNC - a great example of the Sedan type jetons, much better than pics imply

GREAT BRITAIN 2 pence maundy, 1898 - PL BU - a nice Vicky

ISRAEL 10 lirot, 1967 - War commemorative - BU - for the war buffs

ROMANIA 2 lei, 1914 - UNC - for the pretty lady collectors image

VENEZUELA 5 bolivianos, 1936 - .7234 ASW - Philly mint! - a great circ-cam crown!

... and to shake things up - a 360 year old map!

FRANCE, Cambrai, 1649 - Original Blaeu aerial view map

---

Much more, and larger pics at the link.

Winner will be selected by random number sometime after the last lot ends.

Thanks for looking!

Comments

• Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Is that the same map we tried to figure out what is was?
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Yep image

Hope I'm not violating any 1 post per day rule by answering, but the thread's already at top so it's not really bumping, is it?
  • Options
    I replied on the other side and placed a bid on this side and have yet another target in my sniper sights... I hope I win on all of them! Best of luck on your auctions!

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    Heading out of town for the weekend.. I'll have my laptop to handle invoices and such, but the giveaway will be extended til Monday!

While I'm at it, these guys just aren't getting any love - they're silver! image