Home Sports Talk
Options

Did people forget 2007? BRADY THE MAN

how can 2009 projections have brees ahead of Brady?

Brady thew for 50 TD and 5000 yards....his point total DWARFED all players in 2007, yet people forget...

Brady should be the first QB taken in 2009 BY A COUNTRY MILE.

lets revisit this in 7 months and i think people may be paying me for advice then.

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Stats from 2 years ago have little to do with stats for an upcoming season or current season.

That's like saying the Giants won the superbowl 2 years ago and they should win it this year.

Players come and go, players get older, there are all types of factors to take into account.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no bigger Brady fan than me- and I will shamefully admit I took Brees in my fantasy league over Brady.

There is ZERO garuntee that Brady will have as good a year as he did in 2007, if you remember Moss was supposedly injured all of training camp and everyone was talking about how he might be cut ect.. ect.. then out of nowhere was born the greatest QB/WR combo in history, NFL and Fantasy! Teams are more than ready for this and if I know Belichek he will have other things up his sleave than for Brady to toss 50 tds, ofcourse its possible that they can advertise this and nobody will be able to stop it regardless but either way it will be tough to top his 2007 stats. I hope Im wrong, part of the reason I chose Brees over Brady too is because I dont want to be watching the Patriots and focusing on Brady's stats over the team winning by any meens neccesary.
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    Brady is awesome.
  • Options
    perk so far you are right and i am wrong...but

week 4 i predict 2 Moss TD's! to get off the schneid
  • Options

<< <i>perk so far you are right and i am wrong...but

week 4 i predict 2 Moss TD's! to get off the schneid >>

Hey I am all the way with you man! Im hoping for more actually image

So far it looks like Brady is very good not "Great" but I think another game or two and his kinks should be worked out hopefully and he can be elite!

The thing that is hurting us is Welkers absence and the RB situation- it looks like Fragile Fred is going to be the man ( until he gets hurt )
  • Options
    MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Army Recruiting philosophy: "That was then. What have you done for me lately?"
    Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is September 5-7, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanchez is Brady's daddy this year, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Tough to throw TD passes when your eating your own turf! Go Ravens!
  • Options

<< <i>Tough to throw TD passes when your eating your own turf! Go Ravens! >>

No question about it this game makes me nervous, im hoping we can pull off the win as Im sure you guys are looking to beat Brady after you choked hard against us in 2007 image
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

The thing that is hurting us is Welkers absence and the RB situation- it looks like Fragile Fred is going to be the man ( until he gets hurt ) >>

I think this is an old philosophy- 6 of the last 7 seasons he has played 13 or more games, which is great for a RB
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>how can 2009 projections have brees ahead of Brady?

Brady thew for 50 TD and 5000 yards....his point total DWARFED all players in 2007, yet people forget...

Brady should be the first QB taken in 2009 BY A COUNTRY MILE.

lets revisit this in 7 months and i think people may be paying me for advice then. >>

Breese is putting up nuts numbers ... you are nuts to take Brady before him this year.
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    I've protected Brees the last 3 years in my fantasy league and the dude is a stats machine. Last week, not so much, but otherwise, a consistant producer.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Yes 07 has a bad memory somewhere in the far reaches of the mind. It was the craziest last two minutes a Defense could ever have. The Football Gods had decide that we where not going to win, but they did save the biggest choke for the last game of that season. It was a Super Bowl Choke! (and I did lose money on that one!)
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    What year are we in ?

Do you know that the Ravens won the "Big show " , in 2001 ?

Based on those facts , its a lock this year .image

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can ignore reality , but reality will not ignore you.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    OK Ravens fans I say the score will be 24-20

Im not really sure who will win though.
  • Options
    WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where are the Ravens Fans ????????????????????????????????????

HUH?????????????

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUH????????????? >>

Just got home from a western MD hiking trip with my wife and 2 youngest sons. Your team won .image From what I read in the few moments that I've been able to spend, looks like a hard fought game .

Maybe we will might again later this season.image, things will be different .--- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HUH????????????? >>

Just got home from a western MD hiking trip with my wife and 2 youngest sons. Your team won .image From what I read in the few moments that I've been able to spend, looks like a hard fought game .

Maybe we will might again later this season.image, things will be different .--- Sonny >>

image Please Im drunk and fired up, honestly I thought you guys would beat us. Great Football game bottom line- image
  • Options

<< <i>perk so far you are right and i am wrong...but

week 4 i predict 2 Moss TD's! to get off the schneid >>

was was almost 100% right! lol
  • Options
    ziggy29ziggy29 Posts: 18,668 ✭✭✭
    "BRADY THE MAN"? Apparently Rodney Harrison didn't think so last night, calling for him to take his skirt off...