Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Ancients- Pricing Help?

I know what they were worth in 1991 and am looking into selling them but I cannot find much information on how much they are worth now... any information or help on the price is greatly appreciated!

The pictures are front, back and information:

8239 & 8242:
Domitiain 88 A.D.----- Rev.- IMP/CAES/DOMIT/AVG/GERM/COS XV- Obv.- / Fortvnae/Avgvsti/SC ------- Stg. L. hd. L. AE
Radiate Hd. R. Obv. ---Dupondis ---- Copper AS---- AE Dupondis

8243 & 8244:
Domitiain 83 A.D.------ Rev. Virtvti/Avgvsti/SC- Obv. IMP/CAES/DOMIT/AVG/GERM/COS/XVI/CENS/PER/PP------ Virtus Stg. R.
Radiate Hd. R. Obv.------ Dupondis----- Bronze 2 Asses----- AE Dupondis

8246 & 8247:
Domitiain 88 A.D.----- Rev.- IMP/CAES/DOMIT/AVG/GERM/COS XV- Obv.- / Fortvnae/Avgvsti/SC ------- Stg. L. hd. L. AE
Radiate Hd. R. Obv. ---Dupondis ---- Copper AS---- AE Dupondis
Thank you,

MikeCz

Comments

• Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Just so you don't have to repost stuff in the future, there is an edit button at the bottom of your post that allows you to change your post. Trust me, I have used this MANY MANY MANY times... image Hope you find the prices out on these!
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    There are about 40 dupondii of Domitian on VCoins which will provide a benchmark for generic types. Be careful in that many of these have been listed for a while so I'd consider prices as the higher end of retail ask prices. Here's a link:

linky

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    SapyxSapyx Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watch the spellings - it's "Domitian" (two "i"s) and "dupondius" (two "U"s).

I can give you millennium edition Sear catalogue values, but the volume containing coins of Domitian came out in 2000.

#1: Sear 2786, dupondius of Domitian, reverse FORTVNAE AVGVSTI. I can't read the date on yours, but the one in Sear is dated COS XV (= 90-91 AD). CV £110 in VF.

#2: Sear 2798, dupondius of Domitian, reverse VIRTVTI AVGVSTI. Dated COS XVI (92-94 AD). CV also £110 in VF. This one's developing some nasty bronze disease (the pale green powdery stuff between Virtus' legs, and on the TI of AVGVSTI) that should be treated.

#3: A variant on Sear 2798 (coin #2), dated COS XV and with a different styled lettering. This one isn't anywhere near VF condition.
    Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Told you he was the man image