Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

National rippage results and some Browns Stuff! (lots of scans)

I know it's been a month already since the National but here are the results of 1 of the two subs I submitted there. I'm mostly a Clevelend Browns collector so there will be plenty of those in here to see. The other sub is some older Browns stuff that hasn't even popped yet. Another sub went out today with more cards ripped from the National along with a few more selected Browns cards and a few from a recent board rip. Who knows when I'll see that one!

On with the scans...

First up, a few cards from the first of 2 boxes of '80 FB wax that I ripped while at the show:

A few stars...

and the nicest one!

and the Browns...

I got 2 Ozzies, both 9's

The other box I ripped at home and it yielded 21 cards that got included in todays sub (7 of those Browns)

Next up a '77 cello pack, 2 '78 wax and 3 '79 wax and football of course.

Comments

• Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    The '77 cello was a little rough and only yielded one submittable card and it happen to be a Brown!

The '78 wax packs yielded a few decent cards including a Brown, a common and the BIG ONE!

and...

The '79 wax packs were also a bit rough, one was almost completed gum stained all the way through, I got a couple cards out of it though.

and a Brown

Next up the rest of the Browns stuff.

• Options
    First up with the Browns stuff is my first 1/1 with none higher! Since waiting on my first 10 though.

This with a raw eBay purchase:

One of the final 3 '62 Post I needed. (like most of mine it only graded Authentic, stupid black border rule!)

A low grade Jim Brown Stamp:

The two '71 game cards of the Browns:

and he last of the Browns are a few 4 in 1s, including a scan of one that was deemed miscut:

and the bad one

Since I'm a "team" collector I'm thinking I might seperate these and have them graded as singles. Any thoughts?

only two more scans to go...

• Options
    The last two cards really didn't fit in the above posts but were part of this sub:

I picked this up for my raw '72 set and decided it would look good slabbed:

and last of all was a crack and resub of a '76 OJ that I still think should be a 10, but it will be staying a 9:

• Options
    Oh, and for anyone interested they haven't "fixed" the slabs yet. These 30 slabs were very wobbly when stacked. image
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some pretty nice poppage.image

Congrats...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Great scans, don't tempt me to upgrade my raw Saints collection and start submitting them to PSA. They're very happy in their penny sleeves and monster box, thank you very much.

Sorry the Hickerson 4:1 got labeled a miscut. Nice guy, got to meet him a couple times down at Ole Miss before he got bad off.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice cards! Thanks for sharing some of the old Browns!
  • Options
    scotgrebscotgreb Posts: 808 ✭✭✭
    ssollars -- pls turn on your PM -- I might be able to help with your 72 raw set.

Scott
  • Options
    mcolney1mcolney1 Posts: 977 ✭✭✭
    Hi ssollars,

Are you interested in selling that 1980 Largent? I've been looking for a PSA 9 version for over a year!

Thanks, Tony
    Collecting Topps, Philadelphia and Kellogg's from 1964-1989
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Nice cards. I always like the 80 Topps Football set. The 72 Bradshaw is also one of my favorite 70's football card. Much nicer than his rookie.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Very nice indeed! I especially like those 4 in 1's.

I have a bunch of them too.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice Tony D!
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Nice poppage .

Those cards sure bring back memories . If I only knew back then , what I know now.

Carroll Dale was my dad's cousin from Wise , VA. If he hasn't retired yet , he's the local college football coach , there in Wise.

Thanks for sharing---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell