Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Who's goin to the Philly Whitman Show?!!

Will PCGS have a submission table there?
Will NGC & ANACS image ?

Comments

• Options
    You gonna be there , Bubba??image
  • Options
    ColonialCoinUnionColonialCoinUnion Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You gonna be there , Bubba??image >>

how can I not?! IOW... yeppers image at minimum, submissions to NGC (Im not a member of PCGS.. too expensive)

• Options
    RTSRTS Posts: 1,408
    Me
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    I will be there from Wednesday until Friday. Too bad I don't have a place to stay in town yet.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    I will be there - table 725.

Somerset Hills Coin

merse

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    when?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    Ill be wearing a dirty blue bettinardi baseball cap....... gimmie the "inner circle" discount!!!!
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wanted to go, even signed up, but then I had to cancel since I realized the Parrot Head Festival we also had reservations for in Mission Bay, San Diego, was the SAME weekend, so ..... well, you know, priorities!
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    I've yet to make it to a major show...I live about 3 miles from the convention center in Philly...
    Hopefully I can make it!

I may be in Pittsburgh working the whole time though...TBD image

Either way, if anyone's looking for any suggestions for good bars, etc, PM me!
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    count me in, hopefully for thursday! ken-it would be great seeing you again!
    USPI minimalist design collage
    designset
    Treasury Seals Type Set
  • Options
    ShortgapbobShortgapbob Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭
    We will be there at Table #307.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

For a large selection of U.S. Coins & Currency, visit The Reeded Edge's online webstore at the link below.

The Reeded Edge
  • Options
    RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭
    I'll be attending depending on how much money HA takes from me @ their Long Beach auction.

Ryan

Edited due to typo from iPhone.
  • Options
    there are two different dates for it on the website... which is it? sept. 24-26 or march 24-28?

does it cost anything?
    1887 P Morgans Please!!!
    My collections!!!! : : Photos

My new VAMmer facebook group! : Silver Dollar VAMmers
  • Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

<< <i>there are two different dates for it on the website... which is it? sept. 24-26 or march 24-28?

does it cost anything? >>

Sept.

I'll be there on Thurs or Fri.

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looking forward
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be there at table #545. Stop by and say hi!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there with some interesting Mint Error coins
    and literally 'odds & ends" material.

Table #425 Please stop by and say hello if you're there !

Fred
    Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022
  • Options
    I will definitely be there... Looking for MS CC 93 & 79 Morgans as well as a few WLH's that I need... also need a 16 MPL-- those are my missions for this show... Lets hope I accomplish at least one...

John
  • Options
    LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
    Always took candy from strangers
    Didn't wanna get me no trade
    Never want to be like papa
    Working for the boss every night and day
    --"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)
  • Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭
    I will be there for the entire event @ table 408.

Please stop by and say hello, or even better: Let's do some business!!!
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    I'll be there for the duration... corner booth 245, just around the corner from the TPG booths... please stop by and say hi... image
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    orevilleoreville Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will be there Friday maybe Saturday too.
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!
  • Options
    RichRRichR Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll also be there with my wife...love Philly anyhow and we're really looking forward to it.

One question...Does PCGS or NGC ever offer immediate on site grading at major shows? I have some good stuff that I'd rather not send through the mail.

• Options

<< <i>I'll also be there with my wife...love Philly anyhow and we're really looking forward to it.

One question...Does PCGS or NGC ever offer immediate on site grading at major shows? I have some good stuff that I'd rather not send through the mail. >>

PCGS says they will offer on-site grading in Philadelphia. Exact turnaround times vary depending on volume but orders typically take about 24 hours. There should be pricing information somewhere on this website.

NGC will offer a similar service with similar turnaround times.
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    <<PCGS says they will offer on-site grading in Philadelphia. Exact turnaround times vary depending on volume but orders typically take about 24 hours. There should be pricing information somewhere on this website. >>

<<NGC will offer a similar service with similar turnaround times. >>

Does anyone know if NGC ever grades GSA Morgan slabs on site? I have a few scarcer ones that I'd rather not mail away and hope they don't get damaged in shipping.
  • Options

<< <i>
    Does anyone know if NGC ever grades GSA Morgan slabs on site? I have a few scarcer ones that I'd rather not mail away and hope they don't get damaged in shipping. >>

They do not grade GSA's on site. That is because they do not bring the labelling machine for GSA holders with them .
  • Options
    <<They do not grade GSA's on site. That is because they do not bring the labelling machine for GSA holders with them . >>

Thanks...and DA*N...that would have saved me both some time and effort!

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be making a special appearance image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    PonyExpress8PonyExpress8 Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭
    I will be there the whole show at table #447 and looking forward to seeing some of you there. Please stop and say hello.
    The End of the Line in the West.

Website-Americana Rare Coin Inc
  • Options

<< <i><<They do not grade GSA's on site. That is because they do not bring the labelling machine for GSA holders with them . >>

Thanks...and DA*N...that would have saved me both some time and effort!

image >>

I would have PM'd you with this...but alas, your PM function is not turned on...

While they may not grade the GSA's on-site at the show, you CAN submit them (or any other coins) directly at the show for them to take back "home" with them and grade them later, which will at least save you some on the shipping charges to the TPG...and the grading fee will be a bit cheaper, as well...as long as you are willing to wait a week or longer (depending upon the "tier" you chose) for them to be graded.
    Re: Slabbed coins - There are some coins that LIVE within clear plastic and wear their labels with pride... while there are others that HIDE behind scratched plastic and are simply dragged along by a label. Then there are those coins that simply hang out, naked and free image
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be there, Table #216
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    <<While they may not grade the GSA's on-site at the show, you CAN submit them (or any other coins) directly at the show for them to take back "home" with them and grade them later, which will at least save you some on the shipping charges to the TPG...and the grading fee will be a bit cheaper, as well...as long as you are willing to wait a week or longer (depending upon the "tier" you chose) for them to be graded. >>

Thanks much...I do just that! I just get leery putting my own good stuff in the mail!

At least this way there's "half" as much opportunity for trouble.
  • Options
    Sending a surrogate (agent)
  • Options
    JulianJulian Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sending a surrogate (agent) >>

Have your agent see me. I may have something for your D $5's.
    PNG member, numismatic dealer since 1965. Operates a retail store, also has exhibited at over 1000 shows.
    I firmly believe in numismatics as the world's greatest hobby, but recognize that this is a luxury and without collectors, we can all spend/melt our collections/inventories.

eBaystore
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice to see everyone is mentioning table numbers now image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    Just found out I don't have to go to Pittsburgh to cover the G20 Summit that week now...
    I should be able to check it out and buy myself a nice birthday present image

Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Looks like I'm going to the Philly show afterall. Arriving sometime Thrusday afternoon and heading back to southern Maryland Saturday afternoon.

Where is the party? I heard Ksteelheader is paying for the first three rounds!!

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file