Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

For the dealers-- what percentage of your show sales are made to walk-up customers versus after-sho

LongacreLongacre Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭
Personally, I always think of coin shows as a place for coin dealers to do dealer-to-dealer business, and to participate in coin auctions (i.e., buying opportunities for inventory or pre-arranged transactions). Perhaps I am wrong, but I don't view the coin shows as the venue that dealers use to sell coins directly to the public (as odd as that sounds). In other words, I don't imagine that a significant amount of coin sales are made to people who just walk up to a table and make big purchases.

For the dealers-- what percentage of your sales during the week of a show are made to customers at the show itself, versus the percentage of sales that are made from coins purchased at the show to retail customers after a show? The universe of buyers outside of the show seems far greater than the universe that is limited to the attendees.
Always took candy from strangers
Didn't wanna get me no trade
Never want to be like papa
Working for the boss every night and day
--"Happy", by the Rolling Stones (1972)

Comments

• Options
    And while your at it could we also get an idea how much (as a percentage) is wholesale vs. retail?
  • Options
    telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as OTC sales, I'd say 20% during the show, 80% after... and 90% of my purchases are made before the show opens to the public. My show is usually made (or not made) by the end of setup day or the first morning of the show. In other words, I'm mostly going to buy as a rule...lately we've been walking more shows for that reason. image

RIP Mom- 1932-2012

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file