Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1951 Topps magic

Is an un-rubbed card worth more than a rubbed card? If so what is the typical percentage difference?

Thanks

Comments

• bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Are you refering to the Topps 1948 magic photos, which has a 19 "card" baseball subset ? I have that set , the Album, and a wrapper, directions card and one undeveloped strip. I can not remember the last time I saw undeveloped examples offered for sale, and judging from the one I have, it would be hard for someone to know exactly what they were selling or buying ( I bought the wrapper, directions and strip together from a reputable source). Topps also did magic photos, AKA Hocus Focus sets with baseball subsets in 1955 and 1956. I have the 56 set, but only 4 of the 55s. Any of the 3 are tough to find well developed and in good condition. I would think the market for an undeveloped strip would be small but maybe intense if it could be authenticated
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • recbballrecbball Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭
    An un-rubbed one is worth more, I don't know how much more. PSA will note the distinction between rubbed and unrubbed backs on the flip.
    I am looking for a Bill Wade #2 from that set myself.

Tom
  • spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
  • spazzyspazzy Posts: 592 ✭✭
    If you are speaking about Unrubbed 1951 topps magic, I have never seen a rubbed card grade higher than PSA 5. An unrubbed card in nice shape is usually over book if higher than a PSA 6.5. Some cards are very hard to get unrubbed and some are real easy.
  • CSUrunandstunCSUrunandstun Posts: 573 ✭✭✭
    Hi guys...anyone need a '51 Topps Magic George Young PSA-3?
    Successful transactions with FavreFan1971, ffishonn, Davemri, Publius, DavidPuddy, frcarvell, recbball, and many others...