Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Turn Around Times On August Special

Greetings--

I know it is at worst mad, unscientific at best, to ask this BUT what have been your turn around times on the $4.50 August special? I sent mine in over 100 cards on Friday (hoping it is logged in today). I would like to get a sense for how long I should expect to wait (and hopefully not too long!). Thanks.

Matt

Comments

• Options
    daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Greetings--

I know it is at worst mad, unscientific at best, to ask this BUT what have been your turn around times on the $4.50 August special? I sent mine in over 100 cards on Friday (hoping it is logged in today). I would like to get a sense for how long I should expect to wait (and hopefully not too long!). Thanks.

Matt >>

Who knows? Could be just a couple of days, could be six weeks. I hoping my August special pops quick as well. However, my July special from the 30th continues to sit on someone's desk.
    Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    My 93-card August Special was logged on the 26th, and popped on the 28th. Insanely fast, and fair grades.
  • Options
    gtgrad99gtgrad99 Posts: 227 ✭✭

<< <i>I know it is at worst mad, unscientific at best, to ask this BUT what have been your turn around times on the $4.50 August special? I sent mine in over 100 cards on Friday (hoping it is logged in today). I would like to get a sense for how long I should expect to wait (and hopefully not too long!). >>

My 5 card July special got there on 8/3, was logged on 8/10, and still hasn't popped yet. Maybe they are just agonizing over whether they should give all 10s...here's hoping. That being said, in the past mine have never taken more than 5-6 days.
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    My July special arrived on August 4th and is getting more vintage by the day at PSA. I am sending my August specials in today and hoping it gets back by Thanksgiving. My May special turned around in 10 days, so it varies depending on how low the submission dartboard is at the time
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    August special logged 8/24, and just popped today (55 or 58 cards)...that is pleasing. The grades...not so much image
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    I am still waiting for my July grades to pop image
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭
    This is what puzzles me all the time. My personal opinion is that it should be first in, first out, by service level. PSA obviously does not follow that. I can only conclude that the graders can pretty much pick what orders to grade (or so it seems). I have for the longest time been meaning to call Joe and discuss this with him if only to quell my curiosity on the subject.

Matt
  • Options
    my experience is that if you send all modern or all vintage (similar years and brands), the turnaround time is around 30 days or less. The killer wait times typically occur on those subs in which you have a combination of modern and vintage because you have, many times, to get two different graders to look at your sub.
    WANTLIST
    1992 Topps FB Golds (72% complete)
    1997 Topps FB Minted in Canton (10% complete)
    1999 Topps FB Record Numbers Gold (80% complete)
    2001 Topps FB MVP Promotion (35% complete)
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    I had 120 card sub pop in 5 days, but then my 32 card August sub took nearly 3 weeks. Who knows what to guess any more??

Rodney

• Options
    My first August sub popped before my last July sub.
  • Options
    burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    I have noticed quick turnaround = disappointing grades. Have I mentioned my 3 recent subs have had quick turnarounds?
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.