Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My daughter's growing autograph collection

After reading up on some of the family entries I thought I'd share a recent experience. My daughter loves The Wiggles. For her birthday we bought tickets for the family to go see their show live. Her favorite one of the group is the yellow guy named Sam who recently replaced Greg when he got sick. In any case Sam came off the stage and walked through the crowd during the show for a few minutes. Not only did she get to give him a high five, she got her picture made with him and I got her ticket signed. Probaby not a big deal to some folks but I know she was so happy. For the record I would recommend the show.

This now goes with the following:

Comments

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    My kids LOVE that show as well. I get the early AM wakeup every morning so me and my two boys can watch it together! Can't say I have ever made a show, need to see if they are going to be coming to Charlotte.
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    I live in Charlotte as well. Looks like the closest we have is Greenville, SC on Nov. 7 at 1:30pm and 5:00pm.
  • Options
    I'm glad my kids are old enough that I have no idea what "The Wiggles" are.
  • Options
    ripkenintheminorsripkenintheminors Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭
    They are coming to Greenville, SC on November 7th. Not sure how far of a drive that would be for you.

The show was great. It totally exceeded any expectations. The group has a ton of talent. Sam played the trumpet, juggled and played drums and guitar. In addition, Anthony and the Captain are accomplished acrobats. They joined the dance crew for gymnastics routines during the show. Definitely worth the trip if possible.
  • Options
    Nascar360Nascar360 Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭
    You can make it in less than two hours from Charlotte to Downtown Greenville (BiLo Center). Looks like they go on Pre-Sale (Sept 21).
  • Options
    Cokin75Cokin75 Posts: 243 ✭✭
    Saw 'em open for Barney back in 2000. They absolutely put him to shame. Right away, I knew they were going to be huge.
  • Options
    you dont have kids, you like the wiggles yourself....your trying to get free auto's......

jk
  • Options
    ps...the one dude is an ABO....made quite a stir in australia at the time....
  • Options
    cwazzycwazzy Posts: 3,257

<< <i>ps...the one dude is an ABO....made quite a stir in australia at the time.... >>

Sorry to show my ignorance but what is an "ABO"?

My son loves the Wiggles. But I liked Greg better than Sam. What happened to him?

Nice autos by the way!
    Chris
    My small collection
    Want List:
    '61 Topps Roy Campanella in PSA 5-7
    Cardinal T206 cards
    Adam Wainwright GU Jersey
  • Options

<< <i>I'm glad my kids are old enough that I have no idea what "The Wiggles" are. >>

I'm glad my kids are too young to know what "The Wiggles" are.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    My kids are past the Wiggles and I am pretty happy about it but damn you now a tune is in my head... so I will pass it on... "hot potato, hot potato...."
  • Options
    ddfamfddfamf Posts: 507 ✭✭
    1999 --- "...quack, quack, quack, quack,.........c**k-a-doodle-doo..."

I remember first hearing that song - that's when the "madness" started - and I began collecting cards againimage
  • Options
    ask someone from Australia about ABO....i
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow - I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Is like Captain Kangaroo or something?

Mike
  • Options
    ElemenopeoElemenopeo Posts: 2,577 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>ps...the one dude is an ABO....made quite a stir in australia at the time.... >>

Sorry to show my ignorance but what is an "ABO"? >>

Abo is an ethnic slur that's used to refer to Aboriginal Australians. Classy as usual.