Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1888 Prussian 5 Mark

Mintage: 200,000
Mint Mark: A (Berlin Mint)
Ruler: Friedrich III
Reign: March 1888 to June 1888 ( 99 days )
TPGS: NGC MS-65
Rev.: Type II
Denomination: 5 Mark

One of my favorites from my German set.
ANA Member
WINS Member

Comments

• Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    Here ya go!

• Options
    I count his reign as 100 days - 9 March to 15 June.
  • Options

<< <i>I count his reign as 100 days - 9 March to 15 June. >>

He died on the 15th of June. You may want to read up on it, as its very interesting. Its known as the year of three Kings. All history books I've read, also state 99 days.
    ANA Member
    WINS Member
  • Options

<< <i>Here ya go!

image >>

Thank you. I'll have to learn how to post my pics the correct way.
    ANA Member
    WINS Member
  • Options
    ASUtoddASUtodd Posts: 1,312 ✭✭
    It's quite simple actually. Upload the picture to any hosting site. Those sites sometimes automatically give you the direct link to the picture, copy that link with the copy/paste function. If they do not the right click on the picture and select the "copy image url" option. Open a post up on here and in the message box, just to the top, you will see several boxes (B for Bold, I for Italics, U for Underline....) After the "U" you will see box with what looks like a small picture in it. Click on that box. When you do a pop up box opens and asks for the image URL. Paste the link to the image in that box and click ok. Viola! Image now inserted into your post!
    Todd
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    Nice coin! One of my favorite designs. I might have a few examples of this type myself image -Preussen
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions
  • Options
    <<All history books I've read, also state 99 days.>>

I recounted and now get 99 days. I once saw a history book that must have rounded it off to 100 days. I did try to add it up to check but I added 61( April and May) to 15 (June) and got 77 when I should have got 76. Please accept my apologies.
  • Options

<< <i><<All history books I've read, also state 99 days.>>

I recounted and now get 99 days. I once saw a history book that must have rounded it off to 100 days. I did try to add it up to check but I added 61( April and May) to 15 (June) and got 77 when I should have got 76. Please accept my apologies. >>

No need for apologies, it is ok. I make mistakes, we all do. My great grand-father was born in Prussia, and my great grand-mother was born in Bavaria. She was a history teacher, so I had a very good teacher on German history as a child.
    ANA Member
    WINS Member