Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Randy Johnson has a new sig! ... or does he?

Randy Johnson signed a ball for my son last year and his sig looks nothing like THIS ONE!

I have my doubts about this particular seller .... anyone else?

PSA/DNA????

Some of his RECENT SALES look a bit fishy too! (ie: A Michael Jordan autographed Bulls jersey PSA/DNA for $591?)

PoppaJ

Comments

• Options
    While I have personally had a few in person (free) autographs not resemble their "paid" signature, that is just unbelievable.

Mariano Riveria's signature is always the same, beautifully legible piece whether he is signing for free or getting paid a ton by steiner. If this is actually a case of Randy Johnson hurrying up, that is ridiculous. It looks nothing like his actual signature.
  • Options
    al032184al032184 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭
    Johnson Sig

I can see some similarities
  • Options
    "R" looks similar to early "R"....quickopinion is only $7

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    We need an official thread dedicated to these types of questionable auctions. It would do wonders to cleaning up the clutter on this forum. It's like 8-10 of them a day at this point.
  • Options
    csmtampacsmtampa Posts: 1,828
    That is a good IP Randy Johnson sig. Sometimes you can get lucky and get his full signature depending on the mood he is in, but usually you will get his crap IP one.

• Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    HOF - the signature in question has already been PSA/DNA authenticated and is tagged with sticker and has matching coa, soooo I would say the quick opinion would say pass image
  • Options

<< <i>HOF - the signature in question has already been PSA/DNA authenticated and is tagged with sticker and has matching coa, soooo I would say the quick opinion would say pass image >>

I thought he was questioning if the PSA/DNA was good when he stated "PSA/DNA??"

I know that I have done quick opinions on cards even when they had stickers "just to be safe", but usually on higher end stuff...but having the matching COA does help.
  • Options
    I once saw Randy make a little kid cry over his signature. A group of autograph collectors swarmed him when their team bus arrived at the hotel in Kansas City after a game. A kid came out of the swarm crying as Randy signed his brand new ball on the sweet spot "Mickey Mouse".

Changed my opinion of him forever.