Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Republic of Liberia Coins - please help

Hello. I have 4 coins that I found in my belongings. They are all from the year 2001. The one side of all 4 coins read " REPUBLIC OF LIBERIA " at the top and then an Eagle with a Shield in the middle and then " FIVE DOLLARS " at the bottom. On the flip side of each coins is a different image on each one. Each coin has a different Title and Image. One has FORT SUMTER andanother has WAR IN THE AIR and another has PEARL HARBOR and another has OPERATION JUNCTION CITY. I was told they are silver coins. Can anyone give me insight. Thank you.
I had POSITIVE transactions with the following 31 members == Mach19 - Robkool - KollectorKing - ASUtodd - Coppercoins - Kalshacon - Whatsup - Commoncents05 - Cartwheel - Marmac - Thatoneguy - Collectorcoins - Delistamps - Bestmr - Cwazzy - Ajia - Nefprollc - Grote15 - Rampage - Grip - Rpmhunter - Chumley - 2272DavidG - Utahcoin - Cohodk - Ajbauman - Sportsmoderator1 - Sevensteps - Windycity - Pitboss - Starfish

Comments

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Can you post a picture of them? I am not so sure that they are silver until I can see the coins. It is not a very desirable series for more reason than one. I have not looked at a Krause catalog, so I do not know if any silver was issued in that denomination. Good luck. -Dan
  • Options
    My Krause book stops at yr 2000, but according to two listings on the bay the fort sumter is silver and one is priced at $15.+ the other at $19.95
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    I have the 2006 edition Krause and only shows one coin for the $5 dated 2001 and it is copper nickle. No other coins are shown in this edition for that date. That doesn't mean that they didn't mint them however. Krause is famous for not having all the dates. Pics would help. Good luck, Olmanjon
    Proud recipiant of the Lord M "you suck award-March-2008"
    http://bit.ly/bxi7py