Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

emmitt smith score psa or bgs

i just won a bid on ebay for a emmitt smith bgs 9.5. is the population reports for the smith graded less in psa 10 then what the beckett 9.5 grade is.

Comments

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    PSA, What year Emmitt? I am asuming you are refering to his 90 Score Supplemental.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    are you asking a question?
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes the 1990 score rookie. i looked up beckett site and they have graded 250 9.5. how many has psa graded a gem mint 10.
  • Options
    There are 334 PSA 10's of this card.
  • Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you for the info.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    The thing you have to watch for with this card is top to bottom centering. I have seen numerous examples of PSA 10's that are way off. For some reason they let it slide.

• Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Hi Matt,

Could you post an image of a Score Emmitt that you believe has "ideal" centering top to bottom? Thanks.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The thing you have to watch for with this card is top to bottom centering. I have seen numerous examples of PSA 10's that are way off. For some reason they let it slide. >>

Same with BGS. I'm not sure if the grading companies know what it should be. Also I'm not sure if Score designed it to be 50/50 top to bottom b/c the "Team 2000" releases usually have a reduced lower border.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.