Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

E-Bay Seller of 1953 Bowman Baseball w/ 0 Feedback

Any thoughts on the auctions listed by seller acma2009. Has several very nice 1953 Bowman Color baseball cards listed with less than 1 day left. Not sure if it's worth the risk to bid on these or not. Seller has been a member of E-Bay since 8/9/09 and has 0 feedback.

Matt

Comments

• Options
    Would like to see a link. It could be someone who has another ebay account, but usually 0 feedback sellers are best to avoid on high dollar items.
  • Options
    Not sure how to link but here is one of the auctions item #180399792138.

Matt
  • Options
    dont you find it odd all his 53s are centered...paint shop miracles... I wouldnt touch those with a 10 foot pole
  • Options
    Just took a look at a couple auctions. They almost look like reprints, and none of the images show the backs of the card. If your interested in them, ask for a scan of the back of the card(s). Interested in the response. The other thing that bugged me is the line all original and unaltered. This isn't something one would usually say about 1950 cards.
  • Options
    Sent e-mail requesting scan of the back of the Berra card. These just look to good to be true.

Matt
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    "***All the cards I have listed for sale are original and unaltered.***"

////////////////////

As metsfan noted above, that line is troublesome.

I would ask for scans of the backs, too.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    They may be legit. it's hard to say for sure. will be interesting to watch after the auctions end, what type of feedback gefts left. Stay tuned........
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Uuuuuuhhhh, why aren't they at PSA right now?????????????????????????????
  • Options
    Yeah, if they are real the seller is leaving a lot of money on the table with the combination of 0 feedback and ungraded cards.
  • Options

• Options

<< <i>Uuuuuuhhhh, why aren't they at PSA right now????????????????????????????? >>

Exactly, but meanwhile he's smart enough to use a black mat for the scans..with 0 feedbacks...this is just another seller that went bad on ebay with a previous id
  • Options
    bbcemporiumbbcemporium Posts: 684 ✭✭✭
    Actually, I think they may be legit. This person was using the seller ID amac2929 (feedback) before and sold some equally impressive '53 Bowmans, but had one guy leave him 31 negs. I knew a guy that bought a few and say they are fine, just not quite as good as the picture showed. Regardless, it is a good question why he didn't grade them. In his last auctions, he had a sweet '53 Bowman Mantle that went for over $900
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options

brothersappraisalaz(no longer reg...) bid on this guys stuff---no feedback left by this guy amca for bro but did for almost all other bidders.... shill i.d. caught??
  • Options

<< <i>brothersappraisalaz(no longer reg...) bid on this guys stuff---no feedback left by this guy amca for bro but did for almost all other bidders.... shill i.d. caught?? >>

I've had brothersappraisalaz buy from me before a few months back. Whoever it was, they paid top dollar for a few star cards from the 60s
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Cards look good to me.

What is wrong with saying cards are unaltered and original?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Real or not, is the 53 Bowman Berra one of the sweetest pieces of cardboard ever produced or what?
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    It appears to me that this shadowspunky character is seldom happy with anything.Feedback from him left for others seems to be negative on many more than just 31 he gave to acma2929.
    BTW 53s look good to me also although u never know.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    if its the same seller that bbcemporium think it is, then one angry douche ruined this guys feedback... b1tching and moaning about 1959 topps commons that are slightly overgraded.

im intrigued, as all the other feedback for his raw vintage was stellar positives.

note: block this clown.............shadowyspunky on ebay, a feedback assasin as someone put it. thats the guy responsible for leaving 35 negative feedbacks, he also left some other guy 21 negs, another guy 14 negs. Ridiculous.

If ebay wants to make their business model like amazon, get rid of the feedback image
  • Options
    Good call on adding this clown (shadowyspunky) to the BBL, what a bitter guy.
    Registry Sets

• Options

<< <i>Cards look good to me.

What is wrong with saying cards are unaltered and original?

Steve >>

There's nothing wrong with saying cards are unaltered and original. The thing is it makes you think, why would you say that? It just leaves doubt in your mind, not a good selling tactic, maybe thats just me.
  • Options
    It looks like the seller went back and added the original and unaltered statement after the auction was listed. Probably got a lot of emails asking so they probably went and added it to their listings.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    How do you block someone on Ebay.In 10 yrs I have never done it?
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818

<< <i>How do you block someone on Ebay.In 10 yrs I have never done it? >>

////////////////////////////

This LINK should help!

PoppaJ
  • Options

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    I blocked shadowyspunky as well.....He seems like a buyer who wouldn't be happy if one of the bubbles in his bubble wrap was popped......
  • Options
    Pre72Pre72 Posts: 217
    The Berra sure doesn't look NM/MT to me , quick a ding in the corner along with small staining on the back. Looks like a PSA 5 or 6

Always looking for Vintage Yankees & NASCAR

Eric
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    more threads on this guy shadowyspunky.

block him now!!! heartburn city!
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    I also see no problem with adding "original/unaltered", in fact I prefer to see it.