Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Opinions on auto'd card sought

Perhaps this would be best placed in the autograph forum, but since I am more of a card collector I thought I'd begin seeking opinions here. This item caught my eye on e-bay (item # 130299905632; forgive me as I do not know how to post a scan). It is a 1958 Mantle/Aaron, signed in ball point by both players. I always liked this card and was considering buying a strong PSA 8 for my collection, but having both HOFers' autos on the only card on which they were ever pictured together (barring the '75 mini MVP card) struck me as pretty cool. I also have no autos in my collection, so I figured Mantle and Aaron would fill that void more than satisfactorily. The card appears to be of low grade quality, extremely OC. Anyway, I am wondering how one would go about gauging the value of such an auto'd card in order to place a reasonable best offer for it. Were the card given a numerical grade it would be easier but I have no knowledge of the auto'd card market. The seller is asking $999 OBO. Any opinions would be appreciated. I'd hate to lowball and would equally hate to grossly overpay. Thanks.

Best,
MIC

Comments