Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Mark Sanchez The Next Joe Namath?

Is Mark Sanchez the next Joe Namath? If I were a Jets' fan, I hope not. Because if he turns out to be, then the Jets will have a below average QB quarterback who ...

1. Loses more than he wins (62-63-4);
2. Completes barely half of his passes (50.1%); and
3. Throws more INTs than TDs (220-173).

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one will know unless and until Sanchez makes a commercial wearing panty hose, showing off his gamsimage
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nobody will care what he does off the field if he does like Namath did and deliver a SB ring
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    You left out number 4.......wins a super bowl.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Sanchez wishes he had half the arm strength Namath had
  • Options
    aro13aro13 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭
    and #5 probably the best long passer the game has ever seen. Namath might have only completed 50% of his passes but in some years when you are completing them 17, 18 yards at a time 50% is pretty impressive.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care nothing about stats if he can deliver a Super Bowl ring...Heck, at this point, I'd even take an AFC championship win...we haven't had one of those since '69 either..

No question that Namath's stats don't look too impressive at first blush...but he was a prolific passer in his era, and he helped merge the two leagues together with his Super Bowl win..at the very least he helped the old AFL gain a large measure of credibility as they were essentially looked at like as a lesser league back in that time. It's also true that he was plagued with a debilitating knee condition from early on in his career and would have played at a higher level for a lot longer had he not been hurt all the time.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Assuming Jets fans have grown weary of not winning the Super Bowl in the last 40 years, I think they'd be thrilled if Sanchez is the next Broadway Joe.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    WaltWalt Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭
    upgrade from Favre
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    do we get a supebowl win???

i'm in
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    dantheman984dantheman984 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭
    We, Jets Fans have been very, very patient.image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>You left out number 4.......wins a super bowl. >>

BINGO ... BINGO ... BINGO
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    and remember Namath won that SB as a HUGE underdog. The Colts were favored by 14+ points and Namath played for that substandard AFL
    "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind". - Gandhi
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    A great post....
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    Ever heard of Ryan Leaf?
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Ask Suzy Kolber what she thinks
  • Options
    You forgot to add...

He predicts and delivers Super Bowl victory!!!

The prediction is what made Joe Namath - Joe Namath; not to mention that fur coat.

Have shine box will travel
    ------------
    BOBBY ORR
    THE BEST THERE WAS!
    THE BEST THERE EVER WILL BE!
    ------------