Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

To All Fellow Board Members: Collecting with my Kids

2»

Comments

• Options
    Slightly off-topic, but where did you get those PSA long boxes that are in a couple of the photos? They are black and appear to hold top loaders very nicely. I've never seen those before. They look nice.

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    I already learned my lesson on this one
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options

<< <i>I already learned my lesson on this one >>

Maybe others should know about your lesson learned.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I already learned my lesson on this one >>

Maybe others should know about your lesson learned. >>

Since I defended Mike I just want to say something in fairness to my friends here.

I always make an effort to see both sides of the story.

And I want to preface by saying that I have never had a package lost that was intended for my home.

It seems Mike has an "MO" of saying that the item/package never arrived at his house.

This is like lightning striking in the same place - not once, not twice, not thrice....

People have made mistakes here before like this and have made good.

It's my opinion - at this point - if Mike wants a future here? He should sit back - consider that perhaps he got the items and "forgot" or it slipped his mind - see what's laying around and make amends.

Whatever he can't afford? Send back.

Hope I'm not sticking my neck out - but this is very disappointing - people here deserve the best from fellow board members.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I've sent Mike some stuff, made a trade or two, and last week he bought a starter lot from me. I've never had any problems. He has always been polite and seems happy with collecting. At first, I too was leery of the collecting with the kids angle, but my experiences have all been positive. When I did send something for free, he always PM'd his gratitude, more than I can say for some here (at CU, not on this thread) I've sent stuff.

Those that have had negative transactions, PM me if you get a chance.
  • Options

<< <i>Those that have had negative transactions, PM me if you get a chance. >>

PM not sent.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    This thread got very interesting. Glad I read it.

Sadly the OP sounds like a typical Giant's fan. No, just kidding. He sounds like the typical and average American. I like to think here on the boards we are ABOVE the average but in the end we are not ALL above average. He has some kids, trys to get crap for free and occasionally lies (saying packages are lost in the mail) to get more free stuff. He probably has a decent job (doesn't make as much as 'vette of course), his kids probably have some passing interest in his collection, and he's probably not a bad guy overall. He's not an out and out criminal like Gary for example. However, with the limited amount of "evidence" here I won't be sending "them" stuff and I wouldn't choose him to be one of my friends.

peace out and happy Monday to all.
  • Options

<< <i>This thread got very interesting. Glad I read it.

Sadly the OP sounds like a typical Giant's fan. No, just kidding. He sounds like the typical and average American. I like to think here on the boards we are ABOVE the average but in the end we are not ALL above average. He has some kids, trys to get crap for free and occasionally lies (saying packages are lost in the mail) to get more free stuff. He probably has a decent job (doesn't make as much as 'vette of course), his kids probably have some passing interest in his collection, and he's probably not a bad guy overall. He's not an out and out criminal like Gary for example. However, with the limited amount of "evidence" here I won't be sending "them" stuff and I wouldn't choose him to be one of my friends.

peace out and happy Monday to all. >>

Was that a criminal profile?
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>In all seriousness, I think it's great that Mike got his kids into collecting. I have a one month old and I'll be thrilled if he takes any interest at all in my collection. Obviously a nice looking family, and once again I feel bad that something I did sparked this whole thing. >>

your kid will most likely want to get much of your collection PSA graded! (circa 2027!) image

rd
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Was that a criminal profile?

Huh??? It's Monday morning so maybe I am extra slow.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    This has taken a bad turn.

Steve
    Good for you.
This discussion has been closed.