Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1982 or 1984 Football

I am thinking about buying a few boxes of either 1982 or 1984 football. What year is better, bang for my buck, and should I buy wax or cellos? Are '82's more prone to off centered cards?

Comments

• Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    1984 without a doubt. I am sure the 84's are going to be close to twice as much as the 82's. The 84's have Elway, Marino, Long, Dickerson rc's. The 82 has LT and Collinsworth rc's. I usually only buy wax if I looking for gradable cards but the 84 cellos are not wrapped that tight so there shouldn't be a ton of corner damage. The cello box is also going to be more money because there are more cards.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    82s are brutal. Go with 84 because the big rookies are better, and you are more likely to get better cards from them.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options

<< <i>1984 with out a doubt. I am sure the 84's are going to be close to twice as much as the 82's. The 84's have Elway, Marino, Long, Dickerson rc's. The 82 has LT and Collinsworth rc's. >>

also Lott and the great George Rogers.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>1984 with out a doubt. I am sure the 84's are going to be close to twice as much as the 82's. The 84's have Elway, Marino, Long, Dickerson rc's. The 82 has LT and Collinsworth rc's. >>

also Lott and the great George Rogers. >>

Darrell Green too
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    1984 football is actually about 3.25x more expensive when it comes to Wax

Rookie Crop for 82 is LT, Lott, Munoz and a 2nd year Montana
    Rookie Crop for 84 is Marino, Elway, Dickerson,Long, Tippet, M.Anderson, D.Green, D.Stevenson, J.Slater

Centering is more of an issue in 84 then 82 but its tough to find nice clean sharp psa 10 worthy 1982's.
    1984s are much more hit and miss, i have seen entire boxes that are hit with bad print defects and 90.10 centering. Never really saw that from 82s.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    I would go with the 84 topps But I do like each set.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>1984 with out a doubt. I am sure the 84's are going to be close to twice as much as the 82's. The 84's have Elway, Marino, Long, Dickerson rc's. >>

Darrell Green too >>

and Jackie Slater

Steve
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>1984 with out a doubt. I am sure the 84's are going to be close to twice as much as the 82's. The 84's have Elway, Marino, Long, Dickerson rc's. >>

Darrell Green too >>

and Jackie Slater

Steve >>

Howie Long.
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭
    Thanks everyone. I am thinking maybe a 1984 cello box. If a Marino or Elway are on top or bottom, is it worth getting the cello slabbed or ripping it?
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    84!