Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Dumb question: PSA 9.5?

I've been out of the PSA game for a couple years and just got back in the last couple months. I know PSA has gone to the .5 grades. As I'm searching eBay, I noticed there are mostly 7.5 and 8.5 grades, but there are no 9.5 grades? Do they give out 9.5 grades?

Comments

• Options
    No question, is a bumb question...

There is no PSA 9.5

BGS has a 9.5 which is a Gem Mint, while PSA's Gem Mint is PSA 10.

BGS has a 10, but its not Gem Mint, its "Pristine" and PSA dosen't have a pristine grade option, so it is possible to crack out a PSA Gem Mint 10 to try and get a BGS 10 Pristine.

I know of one time that bumb from PSA 10 Gem Mint to BGS 10 Pristine happened and it was with the 1986 Fleer Jordan RC. Spme guy bought a PSA 10, then cracked it, then sent it to BGS and got a pristine 10, then sold it for between 100K to 150K, can't remember which, but they have an article on this.
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA 10 = BGS 9.5 = SGC 98

BGS 10 = SGC 100 (1 grade higher than PSA 10)

There is no PSA 9.5

Steve
  • Options
    HCSHCS Posts: 61 ✭✭
    "PSA 10 = BGS 9.5 = SGC 98
    BGS 10 = SGC 100 (1 grade higher than PSA 10)"

As the PSA 10 Jordan to BGS 10 example shows, the correct answer is PSA 10 = BGS 9.5 to BGS 10 = SGC 98 to SGC 100
  • Options

<< <i>"PSA 10 = BGS 9.5 = SGC 98

As the PSA 10 Jordan to BGS 10 example shows, the correct answer is PSA 10 = BGS 9.5 to BGS 10 = SGC 98 to SGC 100 >>

Now your just confusing the whole thing... image

If PSA had a "Pristine" gradeing option, than it would be PSA 10.5 or maybe PSA 11, but they don't, so the higest is PSA 10 Gem Mint.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

As the PSA 10 Jordan to BGS 10 example shows, the correct answer is PSA 10 = BGS 9.5 to BGS 10 = SGC 98 to SGC 100 >>

If PSA had a "Pristine" gradeing option, than it would be PSA 10.5 or maybe PSA 11, but they don't, so the higest is PSA 10 Gem Mint. >>

Question:

EB22, are you Gio or John? Or are there several of you posting under this ID?

Is there anything you won't post to? You seem to post in every thread and love to post things that are incorrect or misguided.

As per your PM, I don't collect basketball and I have no interest in meeting you at a card show. To be quite honest, you annoy me enough on these boards.
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

If PSA had a "Pristine" gradeing option, than it would be PSA 10.5 or maybe PSA 11, but they don't, so the higest is PSA 10 Gem Mint. >>

I did read PSA is coming out with a PSA 11. It is called "PSA 11 Spinal Tap Nigel Tufnel Supreme." image
  • Options

So one example huh lol... Under your logic that would mean a PSA 5 = PSA 9 since I've seen it happen before... actually I've seen it twice now.. on crackouts..

If a PSA 10 was a surefire BGS 10/SGC 98 people would be doing it like crazy to maximize profits.. I know I would..

EDIT TO ADD: Gio the Jordan rc was not a crackout.. it was a straight crossover..
  • Options
    ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    Yes, but our amps go up to eleven.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Question:

Is there anything you won't post to? You seem to post in every thread and love to post things that are incorrect or misguided.

As per your PM, I don't collect basketball and I have no interest in meeting you at a card show. To be quite honest, you annoy me enough on these boards. >>

Last time I checked Giovanni and John are the same name, just a different language no?
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Question:

As per your PM, I don't collect basketball and I have no interest in meeting you at a card show. To be quite honest, you annoy me enough on these boards. >>

Last time I checked Giovanni and John are the same name, just a different language no? >>

Or another way to try to confuse the CU populace with regard to Gio/John's identity (and multiple previously banned user ID's)... I just find it interesting that he always tagged his posts with "Gio" previously and now uses John via PM's.