Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need a little advice about a dispute on paypal

Well I sold a Brooks Robinson ex condition on E-bay mailed the card very next day after I saw I had instant payment. I live in Hawaii and he lives in arkansas. I sold the card on the 26th and he already recieved it on the 28th. Anyways He filed a paypal claim saying that the card was not as describe, and what he wrote was that he thought the title was misleading and thought it should have been multiple cards. Any advice would be appreciated. Here is the auction

Brooks Robinson
Knotty Hobby Woodworks
Vintage Rookies

Comments

• Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭
    I don't see anything in the title that indicates multiple cards. That being said, with a sales price of $4.69, I would simply accept the return and resell it. Definitely not worth fighting IMHO. You want to maintain that 100% feedback, and you'll be able to resell no problem.

BTW, Love the avatar. Go Mariners!

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he filed a SNAD claim, your paypal account has already been debited, so just wait till he returns it to you and relist. He must return the card with DC to prevail with the refund.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Under PayPal TOS, you should win the SNAD claim.

BUT, you will get a NEG from the DIRTBAG.

I would tell it to return the item and give it a refund.

13.7 SNAD Definition

What is Significantly Not as Described (SNAD)?

An item is Significantly Not as Described if it is materially different than what the seller described in the item listing. Here are some examples:

You received a completely different item. Example: You purchased a book and received a DVD or an empty box.

The condition of the item was misrepresented. Example: The listing said "new" and the item was used.

The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic.

The item is missing major parts or features which were not disclosed in the listing.

You purchased three items from a seller but only received two.

The item was damaged during shipment.

An item is not SNAD if it is materially similar to the seller’s item listing description. Here are some examples:

The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller.

The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.

The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.

The item has minor scratches and was listed as used condition.

EBAY would like their sellers to run an "approval service."

EBAY will do that without me.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    Well I offered the gentelman a full refund including shipping both ways. He sent me this E-mail--- Please disreguard! TOTALLY wrong. I LOVED THE CARD YOU SENT!-- But he still has the case still open. So now what? Thank you for all your inputs.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Email him and ask him to cancel the SNAD, he prolly had a problem with a different transaction.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    Agree with all above. image
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    Well thank you for all the advice everything got tooking care of he said that he put it on the wrong auction and was sorry. He left a positive for feedback and took off the snad. Thank you all for the advice.
    Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies