Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How's the job hunt going?

Just wondering how everyone is doing. We had so many members looking for work, are things getting better? My wife is a teacher in California and was lost her job in June, but this week she was called back with a one year contract.

"Molon Labe"

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear your wife got her job back Mark.

We have lost some accounts due to companies underbidding us but kept all of our "first" customers which is cool.
  • Options
    Pre72Pre72 Posts: 217
    I'm laid off collecting $400 a week from unemployment without a family , I'm looking for a job but it has to be a good one with what there paying me.

Always looking for Vintage Yankees & NASCAR

Eric
  • Options
    I'm having a hard time finding anything that pays decent.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    I had 2 phone interviews and a face to face with a big bank about a month ago.. they told me it could be 3 months before I hear.

well I heard yesterday and I didn't get the position but she said they were impressed with me and may have another position
    and would like me to come in for another interview.. so I take that as very positive.. if they didn't like me they just would have said thanks and pass.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I was hired to teach at the end of June, early July...finally started teaching this week, but have been very busy with district training for more than a month. Next week, I get my first full time pay check since November of last year...it's been a long time coming.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    My wife is looking in the Houston area. She graduated college with her MBA 2 months ago. Been their for 3 weeks, nothing yet. I hope she finds something soon, but I think I'm stuck in Ohio for the winter.

• Options
    I actually strongly encouraged my wife to quit her job and pursue a small business venture we have been working on for a while. In the 2 months since she quit, we have been stuggling to get by but I am a strong believer in the idea of "You have to spend money to make money".

As a side note, my hometown of Shreveport, LA came in 7th on the list of US cities that it is easiest to find a job.
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭
    I will be out of work for a year as of August 31st. The Chicago area market is not very strong.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    Glad to hear your wife got another teaching job!! I have a friend who was fired this summer from the LAUSD. It's amazing how of of our state gov.'s always seem to cut school budgets first to make room for other budget deficits.

I've been working fairly steady this year after a terrible last year and I'm thinking very hard about going to New Mexico for a few months to make some really good money, but I have lots of factoring I need to do before I make a decision.

I sincerely wish everyone the best on their job searches.

Brian