Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My First Honus Wagner! Scans included

I recently decided to sell a couple of my player sets. With the sale, I purchased my first Honus Wagner card. It is his E90-2 American Caramel card. It is a PSA 2.5. I think it looks great. The front bottom right corner has some paper loss and the back top left corner does as well. In addition, there is a very faint crease from the edge of the border (in the blue) at the left shoulder going up to just above his left ear. Looking straight at the card, it is hard to see, but when it is tilted, you can see it.

From what I can tell, there are 38 graded copies of this card. Can someone help by posting or PM me the breakdown by grade. I tried to piece it together using the set registry, but want to make sure it's right. If someone has populations of SGC grades as well, I'd appreciate it.

Jim

Comments

• Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    Man I love that card IMO it's his second best looking card behind his Crackerjack. It also has that T206 feel with a better photo and brighter background. What did you pay?
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Great card, thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    WOW! Terrific card, way to go!
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Wagner
    A - 2
    1 - 12
    1.5 - 1
    2 - 8
    2.5 - 1
    3 - 4
    4 - 4
    4.5 - 1
    5 - 7

40 in the pop report
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    fkwfkw Posts: 1,766 ✭✭
    And the E90-2 is a bit rarer than the T206 card too!

***Actually the T206 card is one of the more common Vintage Wagners with its 55-60 known examples.
  • Options
    good for you. i balked on purchasing a wagner e90-2 3 years ago and regret it, as the price has increased monumentally since then. arguably, one of his most popular and sought after cards given the t206 pose, the relative scarcity of the set, and the nice blue background. good job!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a nice card!...Congratulationsimage

I don't know how many GAI has graded, but I have one in a GAI 2.5.

Steve
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's the SGC Population:

10 - 8
    20 - 8
    30 - 9
    40 - 6
    50 - 8
    60 - 1

Total - 40

Steve
  • Options
    OriolesOrioles Posts: 312 ✭✭✭
    Steve and Jim - thank you for the responses on the population. I appreciate it.
  • Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Hi Jim,

Great looking card!

Congrats! imageimage

PoppaJ
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    great addition

congrats!!
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    bvcbvc Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Nice card. Looks like you purchased it from Dave's Vintage Cards for just under 5k.
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    great addition to your collection
    that is one that is on my WANT list also

thanks for sharing
    hank
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's
  • Options