Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

PSA/DNA submission arrives!

A few more for my ROOKIE PSA/DNA collection...

imageimage
imageimage

AND FINALLY, THE BEAST GETS SLABBED !! THE CORNERSTONE OF THE PSA/DNA COLLECTION !!

Comments

• Options

Trevor is one of the toughest for me to find, but this is actually an upgrade, so if anyone else collects these, i will let the other go for what i paid ($40)
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    Great Ripken! That Trevor is indeed tough to find, took me a while to get one.

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    The pitcher must off had some heat on that Delgado card. Carlos is still waiting for the release. Nice haul
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The pitcher must off had some heat on that Delgado card. Carlos is still waiting for the release. Nice haul >>

Actually, Carlos caught it. It appears to be Rondell White that took the pitch and is still staring at the blonde out in centerfield.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The pitcher must off had some heat on that Delgado card. Carlos is still waiting for the release. Nice haul >>

Actually, Carlos caught it. It appears to be Rondell White that took the pitch and is still staring at the blonde out in centerfield. >>

HAHA yeah I saw that I made a mistake when I first typed that. I was hoping nobody saw that. I don't know why but it seems I remember Carlos playing First Base. Boy have I been off on this thread.
  • Options
    schr1stschr1st Posts: 1,677 ✭✭
    I knew your hubris would be your downfall. So now you shill bid your listings, Mike?

Indulge me, everyone.

The Delgado card was purchased from my store by the username Rath54 . The item link no longer exists on eBay (it was purchased in March), but here is the URL to the original image:

So when you posted that it had just come back from PSA/DNA, it was a bit of a surprise. When you posted over on Freedomcardboard that all the rest I bought raw on ebay and then sent all to PSA for authentication., I was even more curious. Please note that this was his quote over there, in case it gets edited:

====================================
    Post subject: Re: PSA/DNA submission arrivesPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:12 am

Ebay Auctions: (2)
    Blog: View Blog (2)

thegreathambino wrote:
    really nice stuff man~! where'd you get all those autos?

The ripken I actually sent off to the company that he does signings for, all the rest I bought raw on ebay and then sent all to PSA for authentication.

=================================================

So now here is where things get interesting. When checking the feedback for rath54, I discovered that the same ID bought a 1981 FDC of Ted Williams from me as well back in June:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110394579674

I then checked the Feedback left for others, and noticed that right above the feedback left for me, there was feedback left for one of Mike's other accounts: mikelikesbaseball

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rath54&ftab=FeedbackLeftForOthers

===========================================

Once again a great seller Seller: mikelikesbaseball ( 1859) Jul-18-09 19:01
    -- (#220434151506) -- View Item

2001 TOPPS ARCHIVES 1965 STEVE CARLTON RC AUTO HOF MINT

Item condition: --

Ended: Jun 20, 200911:53:29 PDT

Bid history: 6 bids

Winning bid: US $28.22

======================================================

I'm sure that many of you may already know that mikelikesbaseball is one of his other eBay ID's, but in case you need some proof, here is an image link from that Steve Carlton auction:

http://www.sdlink.com/upload/carlton.jpg

from one of the current listings of mikelikesbaseball, a 1989 Bowman Tiffany Ken Griffey Jr. card:

http://www.sdlink.com/upload/griftif3.jpg

and here is the image link for the Delgado he bought from me under the rath54 account and submitted to PSA/DNA:

http://www.sdlink.com/upload/92_delgado_dna_horiz.jpg

So we have an admission by Mike that he bought the card raw on eBay and submitted it to eBay, and we have proof that the ID used to buy the card from me (rath54) was also the ID used to "buy" an item Mike (mikelikesbaseball) was selling on eBay. So Mike, care to explain yourself?

<< <i>A few more for my ROOKIE PSA/DNA collection...

imageimage
    imageimage

AND FINALLY, THE BEAST GETS SLABBED !! THE CORNERSTONE OF THE PSA/DNA COLLECTION !!
    image >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    I'm confused.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm confused. >>

Me too, but any thread that is going in the direction of taking hofautos down a few pegs is OK by me.
  • Options
    In a nutshell

1). The 1992 UD Minors Delgado card was purchased from me by eBay ID rath54
    2). rath54 "won" a card sold by mikelikesbaseball, one of the eBay ID's of the original poster of this thread
    3). the original poster of this thread indicated over on another board that he purchased the Delgado card raw on eBay, and submitted it for grading

Sorry if my post was a bit confusing, but I wanted to make sure I posted all proof links, in case any disappear.

<< <i>I'm confused. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    Anyone else still confused? So he bid on a card from one of his seller accounts? who cares!
  • Options
    ....and great cards! That Ripken is CRAZY!
  • Options

<< <i>So he bid on a card from one of his seller accounts? who cares! >>

That means he shilled his own auction.
  • Options
    So let me get this straight...

HOFAUTOS has two buying IDs. He bought one card from you as Rath whatever and when you checked the feedback he also had left positive feedback as Rath for his other buying ID.

WOW!!!

That is downright nasty what he has pulled.

I have laready blocked both of his IDs.

He needs to step up the the plate right now and clear the record or be banished from the board.
  • Options
    Unless it's malicious (bidding up a card because you know how much someone bid on it) I don't care, typically it's just sellers who don't want to sell something for less than they want to, I'm just saying personally I don't care if a seller sells something with a official ebay reserve or a non official image reserve if the bottom line (price of card to allow sale) is the same. It's his stuff he can sell it for what he wants to. And we don't really know if this is exactly the case here...
  • Options
    Can somebody else chime in and say they are confused. I don't want to get flamed. Besides, I have had a couple Coors.
  • Options

<< <i>Unless it's malicious (bidding up a card because you know how much someone bid on it) I don't care, typically it's just sellers who don't want to sell something for less than they want to, I'm just saying personally I don't care if a seller sells something with a official ebay reserve or a non official image reserve if the bottom line (price of card to allow sale) is the same. It's his stuff he can sell it for what he wants to. And we don't really know if this is exactly the case here... >>

Please give me your eBay user ID so I can block you as well from all future auctions. Shilling is against eBay Terms and once you enter into an auction in which you get to choose the format comply with the rules.

I will be adding you to my signature in the future as well as a seller to avoid. We need to clean the scum up off this board once and for all.
  • Options
    nevermind, I think I got it
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Unless it's malicious (bidding up a card because you know how much someone bid on it) I don't care, typically it's just sellers who don't want to sell something for less than they want to, I'm just saying personally I don't care if a seller sells something with a official ebay reserve or a non official image reserve if the bottom line (price of card to allow sale) is the same. It's his stuff he can sell it for what he wants to. And we don't really know if this is exactly the case here... >>

Please give me your eBay user ID so I can block you as well from all future auctions. Shilling is against eBay Terms and once you enter into an auction in which you get to choose the format comply with the rules.

I will be adding you to my signature in the future as well as a seller to avoid. We need to clean the scum up off this board once and for all. >>

lol, take a pill, I was stating my opinion and have never done it, it's hilarious seing you get this worked up though.
  • Options
    I said that I got the "rest" raw on ebay, generally speaking....I really didn't remember, but now that it was brought up, I recall it was bought for me as a gift from one of my friends. I actually am in a network of about 20 different people that buy gifts for each other. I suppose you think I have 20 different houses in socal too? Whatever.

• Options
    Several people know what DNA rookies I need, and that's why he bought it. I wouldn't have bought that myself, and wasn't even looking because I already acquired two different ones previously....but it is a nice looking card, and glad to add it to my collection. I am however looking for a 1992 bowman delgado if anyone happens across one, and I do have several people looking for me that as well. But what I really want is a Helton, to complete my collection of all superstars from the 80s and 90s.

• Options
    You never fail to disappoint, Mike. I was hoping for the truth and an apology, but figured you'd try to come up with some weak cover story, so I had more evidence prepared:

Again, recent feedback left for rath54

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=rath54&ftab=AllFeedback

Image file for both purchases below:

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/rainmanesq/80354.jpg

380147735347 - 2005 UD Trilogy Russell Martin Auto #/35 BGS 9 10 RC SP - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380147735347 - ended 8/16

http://www.sdlink.com/upload/rookies/martin_trilogy_bronze.jpg

380147738604 - 2003 Bowman Chrome Jon Papelbon Refractor BGS 9.5 RC - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380147738604 - ended 8/16

http://www.sdlink.com/upload/rookies/papelbon_ref_95.jpg

Shall I continue?

<< <i>I said that I got the "rest" raw on ebay, generally speaking....I really didn't remember, but now that it was brought up, I recall it was bought for me as a gift from one of my friends. I actually am in a network of about 20 different people that buy gifts for each other. I suppose you think I have 20 different houses in socal too? Whatever. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Rut Ro.
  • Options
    so someone else bought some cards that lives in some other city that I once owned.
    You will probably see him sell them later too.

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a great Ripken...image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    Um, no. You can't even keep your lies straight anymore.

rath54 bought those cards from Jenn (rainmanesq) within the past 2 weeks, and now you have those cards scanned and uploaded on your sdlink site.

<< <i>so someone else bought some cards that lives in some other city that I once owned.
    You will probably see him sell them later too. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like the OP is not exactly honest in his dealings...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>Um, no. You can't even keep your lies straight anymore.

rath54 bought those cards from Jenn (rainmanesq) within the past 2 weeks, and now you have those cards scanned and uploaded on your sdlink site.

<< <i>so someone else bought some cards that lives in some other city that I once owned.

>>

I had those cards graded a few months ago, and Jenn sold those on consignment for me. rath54 along with several others buy a lot of my cards.
    I am having another beer and going to bed. enjoy checking my site for other cards...
    If anyone else wants to be added to my email thread of when I sell some nice and rare cards on consignment, feel free to pm me.
  • Options

<< <i>That's a great Ripken...image

Donato >>

Thanks. The inscription was only $60 extra...i think $60 well spent!
  • Options
    So now it's gone from "I buy cards raw on eBay and submit them to PSA/DNA" to "my buddies buy cards for me" to "my buddies buy my cards that I consign through other sellers even though I have my own eBay ID and regularly list items for sale myself..."

If I wasn't laughing so hard by that attempt to cover yourself, I'd be upset at your attempt to insult our intelligence.

<< <i>

>>

I had those cards graded a few months ago, and Jenn sold those on consignment for me. rath54 along with several others buy a lot of my cards.
    I am having another beer and going to bed. enjoy checking my site for other cards...
    If anyone else wants to be added to my email thread of when I sell some nice and rare cards on consignment, feel free to pm me. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options

<< <i>So now it's gone from "I buy cards raw on eBay and submit them to PSA/DNA" to "my buddies buy cards for me" to "my buddies buy my cards that I consign through other sellers even though I have my own eBay ID and regularly list items for sale myself..."

If I wasn't laughing so hard by that attempt to cover yourself, I'd be upset at your attempt to insult our intelligence.

<< <i>

>>

If anyone else wants to be added to my email thread of when I sell some nice and rare cards on consignment, feel free to pm me. >>

>>

Well, I haven't finished my beer yet...

My buddies sell my cards for me too! I like buddies!

Why does it surprise you? I know both you and Jenn list 1000's of cards. You must know what a pain it is. I like to buy and hate to sell....so I asked around and found a few people that were willing to do it for a very reasonable fee. Yes, I have my own account, and a lot of the cards I list, I don't think will ever sell, because I ask ridiculously high prices for. I have been very happy with rainmenesq...very professional, so I will probably do more business with them.

Edit to add: I actually have 3 different parties that sell cards for me on a regular basis, but will probably stop all but rainmanesq. She has a lot of fb, and was prompt at making changes in the listings.

IN an effort to change the subject (lol)....
    It's a heineken night.. My wife found a small grocery store going out of business and listed everything in store at 50% off on craigslist. Two cases later, Craigslist is my 2nd favorite website now!

• Options
    Here's another one for you, since it is on my mind, and these beers keep getting better....if you can't buy any of that, try this one on.

I tell people on fcbs that if anyone wants a card, and can't afford it, that I will buy it for them with 50% down, and when they finish paying it off, i will ship their cards to them, at no profit to me.

I did this for probably 20 people (i like the number 20). Then I get someone that tells me that they need a lot of money for surgery for their son. They want $3k.
    Mind you, i don't know anything about this guy, but he knows the rules. He sends me $6k worth of cards and I send him $3k for the surgery.

He tells me that He will make the first payment by aug 15. I don't hear from him, and he is very slow returning emails. he tells me he has some cards on ebay that closed about a week ago, and then he will make me a payment (expecting min $250/mo).

How patient shoudl I be? Most of the cards he sent me I think are overpriced, but still think they will net at least $3K, so I really am not worried about it, but I really would like a payment so I know he plans on making good. I am hoping he is just preoccupied with his kids health and such. I am sure he is not pulling my leg and the cards are actually "hot", but the fact that he seems to be dissing me, has me a little concerned.

I am sure it will all turn out well...

• Options
    from hofautos above -

<< <i>.........rath54 along with several others buy a lot of my cards........... >>

Sean, do you still have the name and address of rath54 from when he bought the Delgado card from you in March?

hofautos does seem to contest that he is mikelikesbaseball, so if you still have your sales records from the rath54 Delgado purchase, that should put a nice little bow on this POS package.
  • Options
    OK I am back to being confused again. If HOFAUTOS bought the card, how could shill bidding the card benefit the buyer (HOFAUTOS). He would only be making the price higher? I know I am missing this. Please be nice..
  • Options

<< <i>OK I am back to being confused again. If HOFAUTOS bought the card, how could shill bidding the card benefit the buyer (HOFAUTOS). He would only be making the price higher? I know I am missing this. Please be nice.. >>

He was the seller (mikelikesbaseball) and the buyer (rath54). He uses his rath54 name to bid which sets a price he's willing to accept for the card. If someone outbids rath54, then it obviously sells at a price he's comfortable accepting because he set the price with rath54. If no one outbids rath54 he doesnt have to sell his card for a low price because as rath54 he is the winner.

Better?
  • Options

<< <i>from hofautos above -

<< <i>.........rath54 along with several others buy a lot of my cards........... >>

Sean, do you still have the name and address of rath54 from when he bought the Delgado card from you in March?

hofautos does seem to contest that he is mikelikesbaseball, so if you still have your sales records from the rath54 Delgado purchase, that should put a nice little bow on this POS package. >>

Oh, and by the way I need to correct myself again, I don't like filling out forms, so even though I said "generally", that I submitted the cards to bgs a few months ago, because I hate filling out forms, I have someone else do my card submissions as well and since Sean is a mod at beckett and can probably check, I said I submitted them, but I actually sent them to someone (i believe in NC), to submit them for me.

Speaking of not liking to fill out forms, how is thsi story, truth or crap?

Someone sees a centered PSA 9 Vladdy Refractor of mine, and they want to know if it will cross to BGS. He offers me $1000 (I think i paid $450) if I will submit it to BGS and if it crosses. I tell him no, that I don't like filling out forms. I tell him that I will send him the card for $1000, he can submit it, and if it doesn't cross, that I will buy it back. He lives in Canada and doesn't want to do that. I tell him if he fills out the form and pays for the submission, that I will ship it to BGS. That's what we do. So I wouldn't fill out a form, even at the possibility of netting $550 profit. Here's another one, I don't like cropping and resizing. I put 4 to 6 cards on the scanner, and accept the default name. I pay someone else to crop, size, name, and upload scans for me. Time is money. The list goes on.
  • Options
    Why do you keep trying to deflect with stories not pertaining to the matter at hand? If you're a POS shill bidder just be a man and say so.
  • Options
    All questions and accusations have already been answered. I am just giving exact details as to clear up any descrepancies.
  • Options
    I was selling a card a few weeks ago, and got cold feet in the last 24 hours and didn't want to sell it (even though it was at a price I was happy with). I thought about creating an account and putting in a monster bid up so that I would win the card and not have to sell it. I didn't do that because I feared reactions like those seen in this thread.

I know Mike is saying he didn't do this, but frankly, if people buy their own card because they don't want to sell it at a low price, I don't freak out about it. For some reason putting a "reserve bid" on something doesn't bother me like true up-bidding (traditional shilling) does.
  • Options
    Because he's already tried 2 other common dodges of liars, and appears to be hoping that by flooding the zone with a third (deflection), it might work or that people will end up so confused that they'll give up.

<< <i>Why do you keep trying to deflect with stories not pertaining to the matter at hand? If you're a POS shill bidder just be a man and say so. >>

Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    Something is rotten in Denmark.
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    well the one thing that cannot be disputed is the Ripken card is cool. I actually like his 93 UD Jeter better that he has, because it is more aesthetically pleasing to me. All the other stuff that is being posted if true just seems all to commonplace is this hobby.
    Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Interesting that he's now moved his images to a secure section of his website. Nothing like trying to hide the evidence after the fact eh?
    Who is Rober Maris?
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Why not just put on a reserve equal to the amount you plan to shill?