Home Precious Metals
Options

Philharmonic premiums above ASE and Maples

I noticed today that the phil's currently have a higher premium than the ASE's and Maples at gainesville and apmex. Although I don't check these prices very often, this was the first time I've seen this...

Has anyone else noticed this? Should this be taken as a short term blip, or is something else going on?

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    I noticed the same thing. weird. I don't know what that means. Maybe they bought them (the Phils) at higher levels and they can't drop below what spot is doing?

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    I'd much rather own Eagle's or Maple's than Philharmonic's, I think the Philharmonic's are ugly compared to the other two coins.
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they're cool, but I wouldn't want them as bullion.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see Monex is pushing Philharmonics on TV. Maybe they are buying them up to fill orders.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,422 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd much rather own Eagle's or Maple's than Philharmonic's, I think the Philharmonic's are ugly compared to the other two coins. >>

Totally agree. I never cared for the design on the Philharmonic coins.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Coll3ctorColl3ctor Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'd much rather own Eagle's or Maple's than Philharmonic's, I think the Philharmonic's are ugly compared to the other two coins. >>

Totally agree. I never cared for the design on the Philharmonic coins. >>

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Totally agree. I never cared for the design on the Philharmonic coins. >>

image >>

+1
    Its all relative
  • Options
    The design is kind of blah, but I really like the smooth edge.
    To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The design is kind of blah, but I really like the smooth edge. >>

Yeah, yeah. That's what I mean. Thick, fat, and bald. image
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    1jester1jester Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭
    That's why I find them intriguing as well. They look cool stacked together.

I kind of wonder why they went with the 1 1/2 Euro denomination, however, instead of just one plain old Euro.

imageimageimage
    .....GOD

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9

"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5

"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    another comment for "would rather have ASE or Maple Leaf" than a Philharmonic, they are not that "old" though are they?
  • Options

<< <i>another comment for "would rather have ASE or Maple Leaf" than a Philharmonic, they are not that "old" though are they? >>

I'm not sure what you mean by the age of the bullion coins in question, as for the design od said coins there is no doubt that the Eagles are the best followed by Maples. If Panda's were priced similiar to eagles and Maples I would probably pick them but they are to expensive to be considered bullion coins just like Brittania's are to expensive.