Home Sports Talk

Best Fantasy baseball moves/trades pick up's. 2009

....for me its gotta be Mark Reynolds, picked him off the waiver wire in 2 of my leagues and he is having a monster year.
....Troy Tulowitski and Ben Zobrist both have been awesome pickups....that filled gaping holes at 2b/ss
.....Tommy Hanson is as advertised....helped steady my pitching staffs when folks went down with injury or were under performing.

Comments

• Randy Wolf and Mike MacDougal have been pretty good pickups on my pitching staff...and like you said, Zobrist, who I picked up when Reyes went down.

• << <i>....for me its gotta be Mark Reynolds, picked him off the waiver wire in 2 of my leagues and he is having a monster year. >>

In a real (non-Yahoo) fantasy league, Reynolds hurts more than he helps. One HR and 2 or 3 K's per game doesn't amount to much.

Jason Kubel has been good for me except he has the same problem as Reynolds. He will bat .500 with 4 or 5 HR's one week then only have one or two hits for the entire next week.
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Aaron Hill. I drafted him as my starting second baseman in ever league I was in.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • reynolds is having his best year ever. 50 homers from a waiver wire pickup is golden! i play in only head to head leagues and he has really stepped up this year. 50 homers, 100+ RBI, AND steals to boot. !
  • artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>reynolds is having his best year ever. 50 homers from a waiver wire pickup is golden! i play in only head to head leagues and he has really stepped up this year. 50 homers, 100+ RBI, AND steals to boot. ! >>

His batting average isn't so bad either...around .280 i think?

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    JA Happ was a pretty good waver wire pick up along with Porcello for the first half of the season. I also picked up Adam Jones off the waver wire.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Picked up Wolf, Tulo, and Victorino off the wire.

The best pickup in our league was the guy that picked up Ortiz a day before he hit his first HR (he sat on the wire for about 2 weeks)....Papi has the second most HRs in the majors since June 6.
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    My best waiver wire picks this year have been Scutaro on May 4th, Big Papi on June 9th and Happ on July 5th. Aardsma (June 18th) was good for me until recently too.

Edited to add: My best trade was giving up Johan Santana, Prince Fielder, and a 3rd round pick in next year's draft and getting Pujols and Lackey in return. Okay, truth be told, I felt a lot better about this trade after Santana went down for the season.
  • CubbyCubby Posts: 2,096
    In our CU league, my best move was dropping my first round draft pick, Alf Sorryano.
    I was holding on to him waiting for him to get hot. It never happened. image

BTW: Cubby=Cub Fan