Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

ANSWERS FROM DAVE, RICK AND BJ ??????????????????????????????????????

David, Rick, and BJ,

It has been 9 days now since David Hall posted this thread. Several questions have been raised, where are you guys with some answers?
Bill

09/07/2006

Comments

• Options
    keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
    I fired off an e-mail yesterday around lunchtime to no avail.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,148 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they might be at the ANA show in Florida image
  • Options
    keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
    TDN,

That's a possibility I hadn't thought of. Wouldn't think that all of them would be there. PCGS is only accepting submissions there, not actually grading on site though.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    TTT
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    BJ let me know that she is (hopefully) expecting the weightings back from David Hall sometime tomorrow.

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    It would still be nice to see one of them post here with some answers.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    TTT
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    ttt
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    ttt
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Geesh I post a message on NGC's Registry forum and get an answer within 20 minutes here it has been 9 days and not a word from anyone at PCGS.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    BJBJ Posts: 393 mod
    Come on guys, give us a break!

The type coin issue is a very complex one as you soon shall see. I received the spreadsheets last night and am going to do my best to get them up on the news page today before taking a day off. I will also try to email all participants, because the changes are pretty major. As usual, we will leave the weighting up on the news page at least a week before we implement the changes.

We are sorry for the delay, but you do want the composition and weighting of these sets to be thoroughly thought out, don't you? That is exactly why David solicited your opinions days ago.

Everything we are doing to make your set registry the best that it can be is VERY time consuming. The type sets are going to be a bear for me, so as we begin the process, I am really going to ask that you try to remain patient. As always, if you have questions for us, please do not address them in this forum because with everything that is going on, I simply do not have time to read the messageboards. The only reason I know about this thread is because one of you was kind enough to send me the link. Please send your questions directly to me at bj@collectors.com and if I know the answer, I'll get back to you right away.

I know it may not seem like it, but what is going on behind the scenes is really hours and hours of time and work and attention to detail. And we are doing this all because of your continued support and enthusiasm. So thank YOU as always! Now... let me get off these boards and back to work!!!
    BJ Searls
    bsearls@collectors.com
    Set Registry & Special Projects Director
    PCGS (coins) www.pcgs.com
    PSA (cards & tickets) www.psacard.com
  • Options
    Work? Oh, I remember, this is a job for some people image

Thanks for working to build a great playground for us!!!
  • Options
    BJ thank you for a reply. I realize the amount of work invovled in this project and I can understand where you are coming. I wanted nothing more than an acknowledgement. Which you have now given me. Now about the sets starting dates and composition. image
    Bill

09/07/2006