Home Sports Talk

Draft day next weekend!!!!!

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
Who do you guys like!!!

Comments

• JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Do tell, as I have the number one pick in my draft, which is also this coming weekend.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I've yet to pick up a book or read anything online, and our draft is Saturday. Is that Marino fella still playing? image
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im in a ppr league ( 1 point per catch ) at #6 I was thinking of grabbing Brees or Steve Slaton. After AP, Turner, Jones Drew, Forte Im not sure there is any other perfect pick there ( Brady WILL be gone BTW )
  • Our draft is Staurday too. I have been studying non-stop. Now I know too much and have confused myself. League is a 12-team league and over half are Cowboys fans (myself included). We may have the only draft in the country with Felix Jones and Marion Barber going in the first round.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stay away from Sucaneers...their offense is going to make the wishbone offense look high octane...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    Our draft is Sunday.

If you don't know who to pick, just take any player from this list.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    How many teams are in your league, Perk? I'd probably go with Slaton at#6 because you may be able to snag Brees in the 2nd round and if you can't get Brees chances are you could still get Brady (which would be more fun anyway even if it won't get you as many points). I've seen a lot of mock drafts where the first QBs aren't taken until late 2nd round or early 3rd round.

Since it's a PPR league, you might also want to consider taking a WR like Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson with that 2nd round pick.
  • CrimsonTiderCrimsonTider Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭
    brandon jacobs, the giants lost their top two recievers. That means a steady diet of BJ!
    collecting Dale Murphy and OPC
  • Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
  • baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭
    i draft this thursday and next thursday.
    i like brady, p. manning and brees
    then i like moss
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    you can steal Derrick Ward late...gonna be a stud....
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How many teams are in your league, Perk? I'd probably go with Slaton at#6 because you may be able to snag Brees in the 2nd round and if you can't get Brees chances are you could still get Brady (which would be more fun anyway even if it won't get you as many points). I've seen a lot of mock drafts where the first QBs aren't taken until late 2nd round or early 3rd round.

Since it's a PPR league, you might also want to consider taking a WR like Larry Fitzgerald or Andre Johnson with that 2nd round pick. >>

12 teams, Brady will be picked either #2 or #3 overall- believe it or not we have a very tough league but Brady will be picked early just because he is Tom Brady and we are in the heart of New England Football country image

Yea it looks like Im going with Slaton - Now Im assuming the first 5 picks will be #1-AP, #2/#3/#4/#5 -Brady/Forte/Turner/Jones-Drew. So at #6 Im looking at Slaton or MAYBE Frank Gore...
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭

<< <i>you can steal Derrick Ward late...gonna be a stud.... >>

DING DING DING
    My fantasy league drafts the weekend after the Super Bowl. We have a 16 team league with 15 man roster. Its kinda of roll of the dice. We have a $10 per person trade rule which really builds the pot due to some of the 16 really like to trade.

I got Brandon Jacobs so I also got his back ups, which at that time Ward and Bradshaw. I also took two gambles with Farve and Vick. Even with having Ward on my team, I personally believe that he is overrated. I believe that Carnell Williams will make the runningback postion a three-headed monster. Graham will get ALL of the short yardage and goalline carries.

I hope that I'm wrong. I hope that Ward's first two games are 100+ with 2 TDs. That way I can trade him for a good wideout
  • gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Just don't be persuaded into taking Steven Jackson. The guy never stays healthy.
    Glen Coffee is a stud!!!! He will take over for frank Gore before the end of the season.

Sleeper ALert!!!
    Sleeper Alert!!!

Glen Coffee.

Very physical runner. Hard-hitting runningback!!

Coach Mike S. loves hard hitting and loves Glen Coffee!!!