Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Fraudulent '57 Starr PSA 8 card on ebay

Just wanted to let everyone know that this listing ....

http://cgi.ebay.com/1957-Topps-Bart-Starr-RC-HOF-GRADE-8_W0QQitemZ170375535255QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_SM_Sports_Cards?hash=item27ab2c5a97&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

is a stolen scan.

Mexpo75 a member here, has this card up for auction and he's the rightful owner of the card. I emailed him about it already.

To ruin the ebay scammer's auction, I placed a bid on the listing to get rid of the BIN option so no one could get screwed by this seller.

Comments

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    LINK

Way to go ... Let's burn Jeremy's ass!

I've reported him.

PoppaJ

..... and I hope nobody asks .... "what if he just borrowed the pic?" image

Jeremy's a thief!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Is anyone reporting these items? There seems to be a ton of them today.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to yahoo err ebay auctions.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I'm glad that I've been buying raw cards with creases, pinholes, stains, and rounded corners. None of the scammers pay any attention to those types of cards. 1952 and 1953 Mantles seem to have the most problems. Also PSA 8 and PSA 9 vintage cards.
  • Options
    natetrooknatetrook Posts: 610 ✭✭✭
    When asked about his auction and the stolen image, here was his response.

Dear natetrook,

i have the same card same grade and graded company as the one you are talking about but no camera

- jeremys7223

:-0
  • Options
    Reply to my question:

i will send you pics if you want!!!!!!

i own the intire 1957 topps football set i can send you any card picture i can promise you that!

• Options
    Dear Donovan,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to Image Theft for the following
    listings:

170375535255 (Mantle- Since been removed)
    230370264552 (Starr)

I reviewed all the information you sent, but I don't have enough
    evidence to show that the seller violated any eBay policies.

Sometimes members allow others to use their images. It's also possible
    that the seller got the photo from the same source or from a source we
    can't verify. In either case, we can't remove the listing.

The only way we can take action in a case like this is if the person who
    owns the image or text writes to us directly.

If you feel strongly about this issue, I recommend that you contact the
    content owner and suggest that he or she contact us. Once we hear from
    the owner, we can respond appropriately.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Sincerely,
    Dominick
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    I've noticed that the more unreasonable an eBay CS rep is, the more likely their name is highly uncommon (Phineas is the absolute worst one I have had the displeasure of dealing with). I'm guessing these are pseudonyms chosen by a computer program.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    I got an email that my bid was cancelled and the auction was removed by ebay, at least this scam didn't work this time
  • Options

<< <i>I'm glad that I've buying raw cards with creases, pinholes, stains, and rounded corners. None of the scammers pay any attention to those types of cards. 1952 and 1953 Mantles seem to have the most problems. Also PSA 8 and PSA 9 vintage cards. >>

keep the fun in old cards - keep the scammers out.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>When asked about his auction and the stolen image, here was his response.

Dear natetrook,

i have the same card same grade and graded company as the one you are talking about but no camera

- jeremys7223

:-0 >>

ut

Natetrook- That response is pretty sad. Although, I've found that most people who are picture thieves aren't evil dealers who are trying to mislead buyers, but instead they are truly clueless guys that don't understand that all psa 9's aren't really the same card. This Jeremy guy probably has no clue that bidders expect to receive the actual card pictured and he probably has no clue that his card is different than that of the one pictured. I'll bet if someone spent some time explaining why he is in the wrong, he'd just cancel the auction himself.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    When asked about the cards serial number he gave the same serial number as the card in another auction. Then stated that if I send a money order as payment he could hook me up with a dealio?? What the heck, a dealio? This fugazzi a teenage punk or what??
    1938 Cartledge Boxing cards psa 7 - psa 10
    1951 Topps Red backs psa 8 only!
    1960 Golden Press Presidential set Psa 8 's - Psa 9's
    1961 Golden Press psa 9's
    1976 Topps baseball psa 9 Stars
    1980 Kelloggs baseball Psa 9's - Psa 10's
    1988-1989 Fleer Basketball psa 9's
    1988-1989 Fleer Stickers psa 9's
    1989-1990 Fleer Basketball psa 10's
    1992 Coca-Cola Donruss Nolan Ryan 1-26 Psa 10 only Gpa 9.80++ E-mail Newyork00007@aol.com