Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Help to identify what these are? Worth?

Please go to this link on photobucket and see photos of the older medals/tokens? Trying to figure out if these are anything of value, what they are, does anyone collect them?
Thank you for helping in any polite way.

http://s723.photobucket.com/albums/ww237/thebigslur/

Comments

• ajaanajaan Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • 1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭✭
    All look to be British. The heavily worn coppers are not worth much.

The big high relief medals have some value. There are a few folks here better able than I that can help you.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • This is a nightmare, I sent photos into Heritage they said about 15 dollars each. I found out from owner these were recovered in France from a site where a museum once stood before WWII
    after the bombing these where recoverd from that spot? So 15 dollars doesnt sound correct. anyways any polite help is greatly needed thanks!
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭
    Your best bet on the French medal valuations would be to contact ELVERNO at the omnicoin website.

He'd probably be able to ID them quickly as to type and value $$.

The British coins are all very low grade, and as such I'm afraid the value would be less than $1 each save for the silver coins which would still only be worth about melt.image
  • coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Heritage said the medals are only worth $15 each? Sounds to me like they were blowing you off since they didn't want to mess with them... I'm pretty sure you could easily get double that (and more) for the medals here on the board. The other low-grade coins, not so much. Junk box material.
  • Just want to say thank you for the great response, I am very glad to have the help!
  • CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This is a nightmare, I sent photos into Heritage they said about 15 dollars each. I found out from owner these were recovered in France from a site where a museum once stood before WWII
    after the bombing these where recoverd from that spot? So 15 dollars doesnt sound correct. anyways any polite help is greatly needed thanks! >>

As someone with museums experience, I can tell you that just because something was owned by a museum, does not mean it's valuable. You should see the garbage (from a collector's standpoint) that museums have in their collections.

That being said, you might be able to get more for those medals, but they all have condition problems so I don't think Heritage's offer was unfair. Medals are extremely hard to market for good prices if they are not at least Choice EF or better (with some exceptions). Like Coinpictures said, they probably really don't want to deal with them and would just throw them into one of their online auctions as a bulk lot and hope for the best.

https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.