Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

86-87 Fleer Jordan declared value question

Newbie going to be sending a submission as part of the August special. I'm assuming I cannot include my 86-87 Fleer Jordan rookie as part of this due to its value, correct? Not sure what it would grade out at (should be at least a 7), but I know the maximum declared insured value I can assign it is $100. I wasn't sure if this was permissible (or if PSA frowned on this sort of thing). Can I include it as part of my 25 card submission (the minimum for the $4.50 special)?

Comments

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claim the Jordan as $99 and if you need another $100 or $200 in insurance coverage to cover the Jordan, just beef up the declared value of a few other cards on the sub. You cant do that with a 1952 Mantle, but I dont think they would give you a hard time with a lower grade Jordan rookie.
  • Options
    From my experience that value is to protect you in the case of damage or theft. Meaning what your purchased insurance will cover. I have read (in the case of autographs) and I'm sure it applies to cards as well where gross miss estimates will be contacted and asked to be part of a higher submission level.

I have on several occasions submitted cards worth more than $100 and have had no objections or trouble. I don't know what exactly a PSA 7 Jordan would grab in the market, but in general you should be ok as long as you can handle the loss at only $100.

• Options
    Fatty98Fatty98 Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Thanks, I guess I should have said at a minimum it is a 7, with an 8 likely with a shot at a 9. Would I only be contacted if it got a 9 or 10? Will probably just submit at the higher level, but am hurtin to reach the 25 card minimum of the August special.
  • Options
    fujfuj Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    I think you might have problems with the submission if you include the Jordan. You can usually get away with including higher value cards that are above $100 but I think PSA will draw the line when it is well beyond the limit. Something like a Jordan RC will stand out because it is such an iconic card and the value will generally never be below $100. After all, a PSA 7 still sells for over $400. Heck, I think a PSA 1 Jordan would sell for over $100 easily.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    I think it would also depend on the size of your sub. If you are subbing 100-200 cards, they might just grade it anyway. I have fudged a little on subs before when it comes to value or even with the years and they have let it slide because the sub was in the 100 card range. Although, like has been mentioned, the Jordan is such a standout card, if you send it in, you may get a spite EOT on it.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY