Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Which individual card is the most graded by PSA?

Without looking I would have to guess

1985 Topps Mcgwire
1989 Upper Deck Griffey

Does anyone know for sure? Make us sweat it out before you tell us...
I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !

Comments

• Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I would also think it was the 89 UD Griffey.

The 86 TT Bonds has to be up there too. It would probably be the highest if not for that pesky steroid thing.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    More UD Griffeys than Fleer, Topps tr, or Score?
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    There are actually twice as many 1989 Topps Traded Griffeys graded 9 and 10 than Upper Deck. But there are more Griffey UDs in 7/8 [unsurprisingly]
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    '85 Topps Clemens?
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Anybody else with a guess?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    SheamasterSheamaster Posts: 542 ✭✭✭
    My guess would be the 89 Griffey as well. The 86 Fleer Jordan would probably be pretty high.
  • Options
    1986 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan...
  • Options
    Answering the question without reading what anyone else put down, I'm going with the 86 Topps Traded Barry Bonds and the 89 Upper Deck Ken Griffey Jr.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Not sure if one of these is the most graded by PSA, but it probably is:

GRIFFEY - 1989 Topps Traded - 60,809
    GRIFFEY - 1989 Upper Deck .....53,157

McGwire - 1985 Topps - 46,428

BONDS - 1986 Topps Traded - 42,270

1985 Clemens - Topps - 20,054

1986 JORDAN - Fleer - 12,215

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    How about the 1987 Fleer Bonds?
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

<< <i>How about the 1987 Fleer Bonds? >>

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Can you imagine if you had 53,000 Griffey Upper Deck rookies?
  • Options

<< <i>Can you imagine if you had 53,000 Griffey Upper Deck rookies? >>

THEY WOULD BE WORTH A TON! You would have them all!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1986 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan... >>

is only 12,215
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Can you imagine if you had 53,000 Griffey Upper Deck rookies? >>

eBay ... "Sell a similar item."

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>1986 Fleer #57 Michael Jordan... >>

is only 12,215 >>

I'm pretty sure its the highest for basketball. I can't speak for any other sport, i'm a basketball guy...
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    I think it must be the 1989 Topps Traded Griffey. I can't think there is another one that has more than 60,000 !
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I was just curious about the 1993 SP Derek Jeter. I knew it wouldn't have more than either of the Griffey's but I think it is incredible that there are 9,328 graded Jeters . . . but there are only 13,291 total 1993 SP cards graded so Jeter makes up 70% of the graded cards from that set.

The 89 TT Griffey represents 82% of the graded 89 TT though.
  • Options

<< <i>I was just curious about the 1993 SP Derek Jeter. I knew it wouldn't have more than either of the Griffey's but I think it is incredible that there are 9,328 graded Jeters . . . but there are only 13,291 total 1993 SP cards graded so Jeter makes up 70% of the graded cards from that set. >>

Same with the UD Griffey, I imagine a large percentage of the ones shown in the pop report are crackouts.