Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1989 Topps PSA 10 Gretzky

I know the registry guys can pay crazy amounts for low pop card and this is a low pop card. But $576? Is this card that hard to grade a 10? Are there common issues on this or is the price somewhat due to the seller as I know he gets alot for his psa 10s on low pop cards?

1989 topps gretkzy psa 10
Email: leo.kim66@gmail.com

Comments

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I better get some vending cases...
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    Did you notice the thread about the Jordan. It's going for an insane amount, $75,300 so far.

JORDAN
  • Options
    lkk66lkk66 Posts: 106 ✭✭

<< <i>Did you notice the thread about the Jordan. It's going for an insane amount, $75,300 so far.

JORDAN >>

Jordan can be expected to go due to the card itself.. but an 89 topps gretzky that cant be sold for a buck raw going for 576?
    Email: leo.kim66@gmail.com
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Try and make a 10. If it was so easy they would have more of them.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    I saw the Gretzky and just sent one with one of my subs yesterday.
  • Options
    What does a 9 go for? 30.00?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    stupid money, stupider people. enjoy.
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    89 Topps Hockey I believe was only sold in wax?
    I know the Sakic is a bear in a 10 .
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭
    its a tough card. i cracked a case and got a handful of 9s that sold for $20ea. leetch 9s sell for $20ea and 10s for $75-$125
    i sold sakic 9s from $30-$90

the corners come out really soft straight from the pack and there are tons of centering and printing issues with 89 topps
  • Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1989-90 Topps is the most condition sensitive hockey set from the 80's. It is also my favorite set, and I have opened over 10 boxes of this stuff over the years. I like that every pack usually has at least one hall of fame player in it. I recently opened three boxes, and maybe have one Gretzky that could be a 9. I still have a bunch of cards that are the best cards from 10 boxes that are no more than 8's.

I think the closing price of the PSA 10 Gretzky is ridiculous, but I don't think there will be many more PSA 10 Gretzky's or Sakic's. The corners are just too condition sensitive.

That said, I'll take a PSA 9 89 topps gretzky and buy a PSA 8 topps Gretzky rookie instead of a PSA 10 89 Gretz.

I would pay big $$ for a Sakic PSA 10 topps rookie, though.

-Nathanael
  • Options
    A few months ago I busted the cleanest wasx box of this junk that I have ever seen. Granted I have not busted much hocjet. Subbed the best 4 cards I got and only got 1 PSA 10. Sakic was dead centered and crisp but only got a 9.
  • Options
    Does it surprise anyone who sold this 10?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Does it surprise anyone who sold this 10?

Steve >>

Not me image
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Baseball Card Exchange has a case of 1989-90 Topps Hockey for $500.00. But based on the posts above, there is a good chance that there is NOT a Gretzky in there that would grade a PSA 10.

/s/ JackWESQ