Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Any good card shows in Georgia?

I'm in North Georgia, about an hour northeast of Atlanta and I haven't been to a card show in about 15 years.

Comments

• Options
    I'm in Flowery Branch and there are a few smaller shows around.

You can check from Becketts site here:

Beckett Show Calendar

There are a few shops around that are decent, but it depends on what you are comparing them to. Good Luck with your search.
    Move along folks.......Nothing to see here.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    The best shows of the year have come and gone already.

edited to add:
    Actually, now that I think of it, there is a big charity show in November for Toys for Tots...I'll have to do some digging to see where it is being held these years...if it's even still around.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm in Flowery Branch and there are a few smaller shows around.

Beckett Show Calendar

There are a few shops around that are decent, but it depends on what you are comparing them to. Good Luck with your search. >>

where are the shops located? I live in Cornelia if you are familiar with that area. I'm about 30 minutes from you.
  • Options

<< <i>The best shows of the year have come and gone already.

edited to add:
    Actually, now that I think of it, there is a big charity show in November for Toys for Tots...I'll have to do some digging to see where it is being held these years...if it's even still around. >>

thanks for the info.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm in Flowery Branch and there are a few smaller shows around.

Beckett Show Calendar

There are a few shops around that are decent, but it depends on what you are comparing them to. Good Luck with your search. >>

where are the shops located? I live in Cornelia if you are familiar with that area. I'm about 30 minutes from you. >>

Yeah that's just right up 985/365. Not far at all.

The better of the shops are:

Atlanta Sports Cards- Alpharetta (770) 237-3473

J&J's - Snellville (770) 736-9998

On Deck Sportscards Inc. - Lawrenceville (770) 985-1557

Kennesaw Sportscards - Kennesaw (770) 428-0099

Call before you go if you are looking for anything inparticular.
    I have restricted my collecting focus to NASCAR only and even in the South it is hard to find a good selection. Most of these guys have a healthy supply of baseball and football. Basketball takes third place here.
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭
    Cornelia huh? Did you ever visit the old man outside of Blairsville who had a small shop? Think it was called Owl Town. I used to visit him every year when we'd go to the mountains. He was there for, gosh, at least 25 years though I heard he passed away a few years back.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Speaking of card shops, we have heard thatt Zindlers has a good selection. However, we don't know if their shop is still open. Their website is simply http://zindlers.com/, so you might want to try that.
  • Options
    ssdawg77ssdawg77 Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinions:

Atlanta Sports Cards- Alpharetta (770) 237-3473 the majority of product is new boxes

J&J's - Snellville (770) 736-9998 no cards in shop anymore, they are doing everything online

On Deck Sportscards Inc. - Lawrenceville (770) 985-1557 never tried

Kennesaw Sportscards - Kennesaw (770) 428-0099 decent selection but middle of the road or less on quality for vintage

Champion Sportscards- Marietta 770-427-2220 large selection and nice quality, can be pricey

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Speaking of card shops, we have heard thatt Zindlers has a good selection. However, we don't know if their shop is still open. Their website is simply http://zindlers.com/, so you might want to try that. >>

Last time I talked to them, a couple of years back, he said they were all warehouse with no store front any longer. They have an amazing selection of printed memorabilia.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    I have never been to it...but actually there is a card shop in Cornelia! Send me a message and I'll tell you where it is located.
  • Options

<< <i>I have never been to it...but actually there is a card shop in Cornelia! Send me a message and I'll tell you where it is located. >>

yeah, I've been to the one in Cornelia. I use to go there when I was a kid. The same old lady has been running it for 25 years, Mrs. Wright. She has mostly modern and no vintage whatsoever.
  • Options
    gtgrad99gtgrad99 Posts: 227 ✭✭

<< <i>My opinions:

Atlanta Sports Cards- Alpharetta (770) 237-3473 the majority of product is new boxes

J&J's - Snellville (770) 736-9998 no cards in shop anymore, they are doing everything online

On Deck Sportscards Inc. - Lawrenceville (770) 985-1557 never tried

Kennesaw Sportscards - Kennesaw (770) 428-0099 decent selection but middle of the road or less on quality for vintage

Champion Sportscards- Marietta 770-427-2220 large selection and nice quality, can be pricey >>

-------

On Deck is a pretty good shop. They have a nice selection of gradeable vintage as well as new stuff.

As far as shows go, there are 4 in N. Atlanta that are monthly shows. Lots of familiar faces at all of them, but there is one guy at the Dunwoody show that has a pretty impressive selection of graded T205's and T206's. There was one relatively big show (3 days, 75-80 tables, auto. guests) last year in November in Marietta that they were thinking of making as an annual show.
  • Options
    saucywombatsaucywombat Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭
    This thread reminds me of the time I bought a bunch of 92 Fleer Ultra in Dahlonega when my church youth group stopped there for fudge and tales of gold mining. I should have spent the money on fudge.
    Always looking for 1993-1999 Baseball Finest Refractors and1994 Football Finest Refractors.
    saucywombat@hotmail.com
  • Options

<< <i>
    There was one relatively big show (3 days, 75-80 tables, auto. guests) last year in November in Marietta that they were thinking of making as an annual show. >>

I believe the one you speak of was hosted by Champion Sportscards. I went there and saw a lot of memorabilia and wasn't very impressed with the rest of it. Just MHO. I would have liked to
    have seen a better selection of cards. Just me preference I guess.