Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Wikipedia entry on PCGS

We have got to go in and fix the Wikipedia entry on PCGS. Right now it gives it a paragraph or two on the basics of coin grading and then a bunch of write-up on controversies, and nothing else. NGC's treatment is hardly any better for that matter. We need to see entries that give the top two grading services a bit more fitting recognition for what they've done in standardizing respectability in the numismatic exchanges instead of an encyclopedic entry treating them as if they were the concoction of telemarketers selling overpriced "brilliant uncirculated" common-date pieces to the unsuspecting elderly.

I'll see if I can get something going, with proper references and an explanation of , but I alone can't do enough in the forseeable near future given my available time.

And, remember to avoid "weasel words" such as "they say" or "considered by many." Wikipedia likes specific references, such as the ANA and PNG, or major auction houses like Heritage, Stack's, or Bowers and Merena.
Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.

Comments

• Options
    OK, I started the revision process. I haven't taken down any of the crap mentioned in "controversies," but at least that part doesn't dominate the entire article. Given how long that portion is and how much in depth over issues that are actually fairly trivial, I'd like to make the rest of the entry on the more important stuff a bit more substantial.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.