Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Tony Gwynn RC $899

Crazy!!! $899 no way. I'll pay $2.00 for that.

LINK

Comments

• Options
    I will sell this one for half that price.

• Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    Some guys, in a lame attempt to attract women or the girl they are currently dating, say their sports card collection is worth X amount of dollars and even go as far as post some of them on eBay for hundreds or thousands of dollars. Most women don't know any better and think their man is a high roller.

Patrick

• Options
    Thanks for the idea Patrick. Maybe I will try that on my wife when my next sub pops.
  • Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Crazy!!! $899 no way. I'll pay $2.00 for that.

LINK >>

But it's a 10 "Pristine", it should be selling for $60k like that Jordan! image
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Crazy!!! $899 no way. I'll pay $2.00 for that.

LINK >>

But it's a 10 "Pristine", it should be selling for $60k like that Jordan! image >>

Actually that Jordan you're referring to sold for over 70k and is in a league of its own in terms of condition. I wouldn't pay nearly that much, but I understand why someone else might.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Hey guys! Well when this guy had this card listed I asked him who in the world slabbed this card??? Well today I get this response From Tony, enjoy!
    This is just an update. I have almost exusted all
    my search engines looking for this company. On the
    back of the holde it has one of thoes USC symbols.
    It's a shame I didn't have on of thoes scaners. I
    want you to know though that I haven't given up!
    Thanks, Tony

It goes to show you most (sheeple) people Don't know crapola about this hobby. Geez, I went to this one show yesterday and I asked a dealer if he knew what Psa was.... He said No! Is that some type of disorder? lol As of yesterday I think I visited 1991 all over again.....image
    1938 Cartledge Boxing cards psa 7 - psa 10
    1951 Topps Red backs psa 8 only!
    1960 Golden Press Presidential set Psa 8 's - Psa 9's
    1961 Golden Press psa 9's
    1976 Topps baseball psa 9 Stars
    1980 Kelloggs baseball Psa 9's - Psa 10's
    1988-1989 Fleer Basketball psa 9's
    1988-1989 Fleer Stickers psa 9's
    1989-1990 Fleer Basketball psa 10's
    1992 Coca-Cola Donruss Nolan Ryan 1-26 Psa 10 only Gpa 9.80++ E-mail Newyork00007@aol.com
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭
    Sweet... Always nice dealing with an industry expert who is up to date on hobby trends. Was he trying to sell you some Will Clark / Kevin Mitchell RCs for high book?

Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,578 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This auction ended almost a month ago and there were no bids anyway...anyone can list a card for crazy money, but that doesn't mean they'll find a bidder.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    but.... the seller sure knows how to dress up his text. If he can't make it with bb cards, I see a future in advertising for him.
    Registry Sets

"Common sense is the best distributed commodity in the world, for every man is convinced that he is well supplied with it"
  • Options
    He changed the price to $799! Thats more like it image But I still wouldn't pay that much for it, I would rather save my money for a BCCG 10! image
  • Options
    Yea a bccg 9 Baylor Rc would be a good idea! lol image ha!
    1992 Coca-Cola Donruss Nolan Ryan 1-26 Psa 10 only Gpa 9.80++ E-mail Newyork00007@aol.com
  • Options

<< <i>Yea a bccg 9 Baylor Rc would be a good idea! lol image ha! >>

Does this mean war? lol

I can't understand your messages sometimes. I can't tell if your attacking me or just joking... image

Edited: I fixed jocking just for you... How do you feel?
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't tell if your attacking me or just jocking... image >>

Is Jocking when the little league baseball coach gets all the players to line up and taps their crotch with a bat to make sure they are wearing their protective cup?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I can't tell if your attacking me or just jocking... image >>

Is Jocking when the little league baseball coach gets all the players to line up and taps their crotch with a bat to make sure they are wearing their protective cup? >>

Why's everyone Jockin Gio?

• Options
    Hilarious how his subtitle has the "10" in quotes. How appropriate, lol.
    "I've never been able to properly explain myself in this climate" -Raul Duke

ebay i.d. clydecoolidge - Lots of vintage stars and HOFers, raw, condition fully disclosed.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Gio when in doubt take it as an attack.

It most probably is.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hey guys! Well when this guy had this card listed I asked him who in the world slabbed this card??? Well today I get this response From Tony, enjoy!
    This is just an update. I have almost exusted all
    my search engines looking for this company. On the
    back of the holde it has one of thoes USC symbols.
    It's a shame I didn't have on of thoes scaners. I
    want you to know though that I haven't given up!
    Thanks, Tony >>

USC symbols?

or maybe

Which is it? That might help narrow down the possible basement grading companies.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    I just bought this beautiful Gem mint 10 Gywnn RC , but due to finacial oblos , I can't hold onto it but I am willing to sell it for a small profit 49.9 % , just email me . PS ::: will throw in a Raw 87 Topps Gwynn Probably a PSA !0 + just cant afford the grading fees.

I will let u have both cards for 699.00 dlvd 1st mbx gets it (THIS WONT LAST LONG),

PS; will even marry ur ugly sister! for another 10 bucks.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Yea a bccg 9 Baylor Rc would be a good idea! lol image ha! >>

Does this mean war? lol

I can't understand your messages sometimes. I can't tell if your attacking me or just joking... image

Edited: I fixed jocking just for you... How do you feel? >>

Lol were cool.. I thought that card would have looked nice in a psa 6.5 holder myself! image

Eb22 You don't happen to have any psa 9 1988-1989 Fleer Basketball cards would you?
  • Options

<< <i>Sweet... Always nice dealing with an industry expert who is up to date on hobby trends. Was he trying to sell you some Will Clark / Kevin Mitchell RCs for high book? >>

LOL Funny you mentioned that because I searched through his many 1984-1993 junk boxes and found cards like Eric Davis 1985 Topps Rookie $15 marked HOT! ARROW UP
    10 Ron gant #47 Donruss Rookies Books $3 our price $2.50
    1984 Donruss #248 Don Mattingly Rookie worst O/c I have seen Books $100 our price $95! Only $95 man that is a steal lol A steal for him of $90 dollars! image
    bricks of 100 count ventura Rookies at outrageous prices...Geez, you guys remember these Investors bricks? Really shouldn't call them investors bricks lol
    1972 Topps Staubach Rookie $160 our price $150 Had to chuckle on this, corners were rounded so bad it was beyond belief and on the back it had the name Mark. I asked if he was firm on this price since the card had a name on the back.His response. Best I can do is half book! Really? lol My offer was $15 just to see if he would bite probably $12 too much. His Response: I think I will pass on that offer. I only take serious offers only!!!

This was a show I attended recently. I mean are these people still toting around all these cards and paying $30-$50 each day to set up and spend 5 to 8 hours a day with these prices?? I asked if it had been a good show. His response : Well I have done $60 dollars so far. I was thinking what sheep did you rip-off... a soccer mom and a 10 year old kid? image
  • Options
    Too slow