Home Sports Talk

MLB season record for double digit runs

stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
Phillies gotta be close to that...I can't remember a team scoring 10 or more runs per game so many times in a season.

I could be wrong.

Comments

• JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    In 1931, the New York Yankees reached double digits 33 times. I took a quick look at them because they hold the post-1900 record for most runs, 1067, scored in a season. Of course, there could be another team that hit double digits more times.

This season, the Phillies have hit double digits 17 times. Sixteen (16) more times in forty-four (44) games to tie the 1931 Yankees, which may or may not be the record? Could happen.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    We should be able to rest Howard, Utley and Ibanez and have enough with the second team to beat the Mets. Probably still go double digits.

Kevin
  • JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Whoops, the 1936 Yankees reaches double digits an astounding 43 times! That's gotta be the record. No way the Phillies are going to reach that mark.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>In 1931, the New York Yankees reached double digits 33 times. I took a quick look at them because they hold the post-1900 record for most runs, 1067, scored in a season. Of course, there could be another team that hit double digits more times.

This season, the Phillies have hit double digits 17 times. Sixteen (16) more times in forty-four (44) games to tie the 1931 Yankees, which may or may not be the record? Could happen.

/s/ JackWESQ >>

Thanks for the post. 33 times - that is amazing.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Whoops, the 1936 Yankees reaches double digits an astounding 43 times! That's gotta be the record. No way the Phillies are going to reach that mark.

/s/ JackWESQ >>

I should read the other posts before posting - LOL

43 times - truly amazing! In a 154 game season they scored double digit runs in around 1 out of 4 games? Almost hard to believe.
  • Just schedule games Vs. the Twins pitchers this year, they have really been disappointing.
    Am I speaking Chinese?