Home Sports Talk
Options

2 year plea deal for Plaxico

Seems like a long time in the slammer for shooting yourself, but one must respect the laws and the penalty.
SOCIALIZED MEDICINE: The wealthiest class treats the lowest class and sends the bill to the middle class.

Comments

• Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Heard his attorney say today that the judge has no choice in the matter, his client admitted guilt and the sentence is mandatory. Seems about a year and half too severe for shooting your own groin, but that happens when you remove mitigation from the judge's repertoire. And no I don't feel sorry for anyone dumb enough to carry a concealed handgun into a public place of business.
  • Options

<< <i>Heard his attorney say today that the judge has no choice in the matter, his client admitted guilt and the sentence is mandatory. Seems about a year and half too severe for shooting your own groin, but that happens when you remove mitigation from the judge's repertoire. And no I don't feel sorry for anyone dumb enough to carry a concealed handgun into a public place of business. >>

I don't have a problem with someone legally entering a place of business with a concealed permit. In our State one must undergo 8 hours of training, pass a shooting accuracy test and submit fingerprints to get a CCW permit. With all that, current law prohibits anyone from entering any place that serves alcohol with a weapon.

I believe that the sentence as you say is a year and a half too long, but it is the law in New York.
    SOCIALIZED MEDICINE: The wealthiest class treats the lowest class and sends the bill to the middle class.
  • Options
    Same in our state regarding concealed weapons. You can actually get a license here to carry it on your hip if you want. However, you can not take it into a place that serves or sales alcohol.
  • Options
    Ouch, 2 years for shooting yourself, wow. Sounds like he needed better lawyers?
    Am I speaking Chinese?

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definately seems like a tough sentence but the bottom line is this idiot could have killed someone, lucky for him he only shot himself.
  • Options

<< <i>lucky for him he only shot himself. >>

If he had accidentally shot someone else, he would be spending a lot of time with Rae Caruth
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    what a putz

his wife is an attorney, i used to work with a girl who graduated law school with her and plax showed up at it. great player but a .02 head
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started