Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What catalogs list Wiener medals?

I just won some Jacques Wiener medals in the Stacks Coin Galleries auction.

In the lot descriptions, there are catalog references to "Hoy. #" and "Kamp #".
"Hoy" appears to be an abbreviation, "Kamp" does not.
I have not encountered these catalog references before.

Can anyone provide bibliographic references to these two catalogs so I can search for them?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ANS online library catalog indicates this might be "Kamp", but it doesn't appear to be a catalog:

Kamp, Norbert. Münzprägung und Münzpolitik der Staufer in Deutschland. (1963)

Maybe there is something else by the same author?

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I found my own answer. I will post them here in case it helps anyone.

Thanks to the following website for the help: Ben Weiss Collection of Historical and Commemorative Medals: Bibliography

Hoy.:

Van Hoydonck, Emiel : Jacques Wiener (1815-1899)- Medailles Jetons, 1 ere Edition, l972.
    A thorough catalogue of the medals of Jacques Wiener, including his popular series of the most famous and beautiful monuments in Europe (Cathedral Series).

Kamp:

Reinecke, K.: Jacques Wiener. Ordenmuseum Abtei Kamp Exhibition Catalogue, 1989.
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    contact Kraft, they are the parent company. Feel free to tell 'em that I sent you

• Options
    ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    This thread is useless without pictures! image
  • Options
    I've been looking for a copy of the Emiel van Hoydonck reference for about 2-3 years now. If you are able to find one, pick it up! Even if you don't want one for your own library, i'll buy it from you!

These medals are indeed fascinating!
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    But where are some pics?

You know there is a rule that if you post a question about interesting things you must post some pics.
  • Options
    Happy? image

Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!