Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Just back from PCGS-Registry set bump....

They still haven't learned to make a 7 image but both of these are low population so I ain't complaining.

The 1953 dime is pop 6 with none higher.

Of course the other 5 are held by the guys ahead of mineimage

No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
It's just that I got my PCGS grades.

Comments

• Options
    nice coins, thanks for sharingimage
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are ON FIRE!!!

Nice dimes!
  • Options
    Is very hard to get MS65 or higher grades from PCGS for Canadian Dimes! I have sent in 4 ICCS MS5 dimes only to have them returned as MS64's.
    The 1953 is stunning......

Good Job!
  • Options
    You're right on about that.

It's very hard to find high grade Canadian in PCGS holders so I have to deal with ICCS most of the
    time.

In, probably, 30 or more submissions I can recall only 1 upgrade. Probably 1/3 of them came back
    at the same grade. The rest, probably 60-70 per cent down a least a point, a couple even more.

I can deal with that I suppose, if the playing field is level.The problem is that so many of them
    in PCGS holders were graded in the more lenient years.

The other problem with PCGS is that they give up to easily on toning-tossing it to "Genuine" with
    the cop out "Questionable" color.

Hell, make a decision boys! Is it or AIN"T it?

I've got at least 3 high grade, beautifully toned Canadian coins that I know damned well haven't
    been artificially toned under most anybody's standards. But they're body bagged and I could
    get maybe 1/10th of what they're worth in those holders.

I'm saving up for regrades though. And I'm going to ask them to just make a dad blamed call.image

No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.