Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

1990 NO S PROOF LINCOLN CENT IN PCGS PRICE GUIDE

One of the casualties in this week's PCGS Lincoln cent series price guide is the 1990 no S proof cent error coin. It's guide price dropped accross the board. My PR68DCAM went down by $2k and the PR69DCAM went down $5k. Based what I've seen at auctions in the last number of months, this was certainly expected and probably justified. IMHO.

BUT, I continue to believe this coin is going to be very scarce and valuable long into the future. PCGS has graded only 114 and NGC has graded only 32 as of today. My guess is that 95% of the coins still in US Mint proof sets are either lost to the hobby (ie) thrown away by relatives or have been affected by air getting into the holders over time and therefore making them not gradeable. So, I would recommend to anyone who is collecting Lincoln cent proofs to get one while the market is down. Over time, this error coin will definately be worth more in my opinion. Steveimage

Comments

• Options
    The 1990 no S got hammered in the price guide however in my opinion its about time the 68 Dcam has been trading at $6,500 to $7,500 for the past few years. (I picked one up last year for $5,750) The $8,750 price was due to be adjusted.
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I should feel good about buying my 8dcam in 2003 for $3500. I wish I had bought more.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Yeah. Feel real good. As good as I feel for selling it at $3,500 in 2003. imageimage
  • Options
    Tex

I'll buy ten of them if your selling at $3,500 image
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the PR69DC went to $15k and the PR68DC to $6.5k - not $5k and $2k.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭
    Mitch, they went down by $2K and $5K, not down to $2K and $5K.

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oops. Time to try to get 6+ hours sleep tonight!

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.