Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Does anyones search work?

I can do the search, and get thread results

but can not get into any of the threads opened, I just get ->

@The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
Click the Back button to try another link.
HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.

Comments

• Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    sinin1

After being off the forum a while I was disappointed to find the same results.

Subject searches find threads but can't open them after a small period of time.

What you have to do is find the thread you want,
    then do a search using the poster in the "Author" box
    and the subject in the Subject box. The combination will
    usually get you to and allow you to open the thread.

But sometimes you just have to scroll through all the
    Author's posts!

This forum's search engine really sucks.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    The search function is hosed and has been hosed for at least a week.

Whats occuring is that the hyperlinks attached to the list of forum threads that is returned has the search arguments appended to them.

For Example: If I search for 1972 AND Type 2 by author 19Lyds in the US Coin Forum, the first thread title that gets returned has the following hyperlink:

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=735229&highlight_key=y&keyword1=1972&keyword2=Type 2

In the URL bar, I simply delete everything back to the threadid=735229 and the thread will pop up.

For example, delete all the underlined information:

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=26&threadid=735229&highlight_key=y&keyword1=1972&keyword2=Type%202

Why the search arguments are being retained in the hyperlinks is unknown to me, I just know how to work with the results.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    sinin1sinin1 Posts: 7,500
    thanks 19Lyds, it works

and Shylocks method probably is good but with extra steps
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    Thanks 19Lyds, that works!

Amazing info you get here if you ask.