Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1964 Topps Winding Down

Well, after a nice purchase from an EBAY seller, I am closing in on finishing my first BIG Set.

Having completed a 1955 AA FB or the 1949 Bowman BB set in the past wasnt as difficult as putting together a recent issue baseball set.

So, the latest I took on was 1964. I am presently down to only needing 29 cards left in PSA 8 or better to finish off this project.

Can't wait to be able to put this one behind me.

Rob Ruth

Comments

• Options
    DavalilloDavalillo Posts: 1,846 ✭✭
    Rob,

Congratulations. I didn't realize you were still collecting.

Of course I was aware of your stellar 55 All-America set but was not aware you had completed 49 Bowman in high grade. Did you do this in psa 8 or better? I am down to six upgrades of psa 7s in this set--each of which I think is a pop3-6 and is a killer. It is no comparison in my opinion trying to do this vs 1964 Topps where the cards are more plentiful in high grade. I don't recall there being one particularly difficult card for me in the 1964s. What are the toughest in 8 or better?

Jim
  • Options
    Hey Jim:

Yes, I am still collecting, although keeping a bit of a low profile anymore I guess, since it has mainly been baseball I have been working on. Football cards were much easier, since there werent that many people in them.

The 581 Yankees Rookies card is a difficult card, along with the Flood card, #103. The Yankees card, I just picked up in a set break lot, but the Flood card is still needed. Also, a couple of the League Leader cards are a little difficult as well. Just your typical low pop cards.

There are a few sets that I have a few cards started with, they are 1954 Topps and 1958. I have also been thinking of starting a 1960 set again, since I collected this set in high school.

Finally, the 1949 Bowman set, I didnt have completely finished before I sold it. It was primarilly a PSA 8 set. If I remember I think I had abot 200 of the 240 cards. There were a handful of PSA 7's and 6's in my set though.

Congrats on finishing another set.

Rob Ruth