Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Did the slab size change?

I just got back a submission and as i'm stacking the 40 slabs on my desk, i notice that the stack is quite wobbly... as to almost tip over. I went and grabbed a stack of graded cards from older submissions and sure enough, the 40 or so card stack is nice and stable. Did something change with the PSA cases? Has anyone else noticed this? Maybe PSA is using a different vendor to make the cases and they are a little out of tolerance...?

Comments

• DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    There was a pretty long thread on this a few weeks ago. Many people thought PSA changed slabs (a/k/a purchased cheaper ones). HOWEVER, I believe PSA stated that there was just a bad lot of slabs that they obtained and nothing has changed.

Call customer service ... they MAY re-slab at no charge. You WILL have to pay for shipping, but after you get them back you can call customer service and they should give you vouchers in an amount to cover the cost of your shipping.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • i just contacted PSA via email and they told me they will not reholder these for free. Kind of a cold response too. No "Sorry about that" or "I wish I could help" Just "We are aware of the stacking issues but unfortunately we are not offering free reholders. The individual holders are fine beyond the stacking issue." and that's that...

Looks like i'm stuck with wobbly stack. bummer
  • burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Mine teeter at a 45 degree angle...I love it.
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    No they just got Chitty.